Sansui AU-G11X

Rich

Does anyone know of this amplifier? I can't find it listed anywhere, or find any pictures or anything. I think it was produced in the mid to late 1980's...

Anyone heard one?

--Rich

Rich

I have the service manual for this integrated amp. Here's are some general observations and data from the spec sheet. The unit appears to be about the same size as an AU-217, approximately 17"W X 3"H X 11" D. Weight is 11.7 lbs. .
>
Controls include (from left to right)
power buttom
headphone jack
speakers on/off
bass knob
treble knob
tone button
mode buttom
(6) larger horizontally oriented silver or white buttons for;
phono,tuner,cd,aux,tape1,tape2
large volume control knob
loudness button
>
Rated 25 watts per channel at 8 ohm. Power consumption 100 watts rated 140 watts maximum. 0.008%THD,
S/n ratio
phono = 83dB
cd, aux, tuner, tape1, tape2 = 100 dB
>
There is a speaker protection circuit. It's a fairly good looking piece. The color is black. They also made a later version of it, the AU-G11XII which is the same size and power. It's different in that the function selector is a six position knob at the far right of the unit and the volume knob is been repositioned more towards the middle.

I have one of these and am convinced the 25wpc rating is incredibly conservative - the amp will make my bass drivers bottom out at less than 5 on the volume scale - it is, by far, one of the punchiest little amps I have ever heard.

My Dad used to have one, and he upgraded to a Linn Intek amp. I had his old one, it died and I bought something else. I foudn this one on auction for £15 and snapped it up - and it's an absolute little stonker. I'm just a bit miffed that there is such little information about it in the internet...

--Rich

Opps one mistake!

On the AU-G11XII the selector knob only has four positions. They are aux, cd, tuner, and phono. To the immediate left of that is a tape on/off button.

I just bought a little Sansui T-E 550 Quartz digital tuner to go along with my TU-717. Your amp looks like a great match for that tuner. Both of them are about the same size. Just plugged it in this afternoon and it sounds great! Paid US$20 for the tuner and US$6 for S?H. Great deal!

Oh, the buttons on my AU-G11X are all black - not chrome or white.

I'm currently giving it a good excercising with some Gary Moore :).

--Rich

The AU-G models were made in the made 80's. As I have mentioned before on this Site, you can determine when a particular Sansui model was manufactured by the serial # in the back of the unit. The 3rd digit in the s/n represents the Year made- thus yours is most likely a 4, 5, or 6 (198->4, or 1985, 1986). And the month within the year your unit was produced is determined by the fourth & fifth digits (obviously one of 12 possibilities, 01 to 12 for Jan thru December).

The top of the line model was the AU-G99X at 160W and worked its way down via AU-G77X, AU-G55X, AU-G33X......

Here's a page from a mid 80's German Sansui catalog showing the AU-G11X and also the AU-G33X amp & TU-D33XL Tuner:

THANKS FOR THE INFO ON MY AUG55X ANP AND I AGREE IT DOES LOOK CHEAP BUT SOUNDS VERY GOOD FOR 65 WATTS .GUESS I'LL PUT IT ON EBAY SOON AND TRY AN FIND A BETTER AMP & TUNER

Back
Top Bottom