Post your photography!!

Another great swan shot uofmtiger! I really like the detail on the swan and reflection in the water.

Snowing here. Bought a new camera, can't wait for it to show up! :yes:

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/DMC-LX7K

attachment.php

attachment.php

Good shots diamondsouled, like how you captured the snow in the air. Lots of snow this year in Buffalo also, can't wait for spring.

UOFMTIGER:

Did you study Photography professionally? Those are stunning and spectacular photographs. I took Photography as a minor during my Undergraduate Degree, and I took some incredible photos, but those are amazing. The dog at the fence almost looks painted.

Impressive. Thanks for sharing.

UOFMTIGER:

Did you study Photography professionally? Those are stunning and spectacular photographs. I took Photography as a minor during my Undergraduate Degree, and I took some incredible photos, but those are amazing. The dog at the fence almost looks painted.

Impressive. Thanks for sharing.
thank you for the kind words. :thmbsp: No, it is just a hobby that I am enthusiastic about.

Definitely like the stylizing on that swan shot! :thmbsp:
thank you!

Love the swan. Looks close to good old Techpan developed as moderately high contrast negative with slight sepia toning. I used Techpan as my main film for several decades and no other film had its combined qualities.

What camera/lens did you use and setting? Did you use posterization for the effect.

Love the swan. Looks close to good old Techpan developed as moderately high contrast negative with slight sepia toning. I used Techpan as my main film for several decades and no other film had its combined qualities.

What camera/lens did you use and setting? Did you use posterization for the effect.
The shot was taken with a Canon 5D Mark III and a 70-200mm f4 IS.

Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact settings, but I pretty much use Silver Efex Pro (part of the NIK plug-ins) for all of my B&W (sepia) shots. While pretty much everything can be done in Photoshop, I sill recommend this software to those that want to work in B&W. Instead of layers, you have the ability to pinpoint areas with (+ or -) control points that allow you to adjust opacity of any tweak. For me, it saves time over adding numerous layers and masks. Not really a big deal with the swan shot, but for landscapes it can be useful.

Silver Efex does have the ability to save the tweaks you put on a photo, but I always forget to save my settings.:no:

@uofmtiger: Great shot of the panda, almost looks like he/she is smiling.

@old tv nut: Beautiful picture, amazing depth of field and colors.

Taken Today, March 11, 2014. All images shot on Sony A99 with Bell + Howell 85mm F1.4 manual focus lens.

Shot @ F1.4

Last edited:
Some shots taken today, the day after the blizzard of 2014 in Buffalo NY.
All shots taken using a Sony A99 with Bell + Howell 85mm F1.4 manual focus lens.

Last edited:
Some great pics of those birds. If I am that close, I like to use a wide angle since it keeps so much in focus, but you did a great job with that 85mm.:thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom