Cerwin-Vega D-Series Spec sheet

Chris Brown

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
When I purchased one of the pairs of Cerwin Vega D-9’s I had, the owner had kept everything from the receipt to the sales information that came with it.

I found this again the other day and figured I’d scan it. I don’t know if this information is listed elsewhere or not, but I figured some might find it useful:

This has information for the D-1, D-2, D-3, D-5, D-7, and D-9

cerwin.JPG

Attachments

• cerwin.JPG
    cerwin.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 890
Last edited:
As long as...1970's HED?

I realized this may be considered hijacking the thread, so I dumped it from here and will start a fresh thread.
Sorry!
EricV

Why does the D-7 have a lower frequency response than the D-9s? I would have thought bigger would equal lower. Is the difference between 25 and 29 even audible to the (average) human ear?

Thanks a bunch, I just got a pair of D-7's and it's nice to have some specific information about them.

Specs for D-5's

Hi,

Does anyone still have the specs available for the D series ? This string previously had it, but it seems to have disappeared. Given that I just picked up a an old set of functioning of D-5's and refoamed the woofers, I am now curious about their frequency response and power handling. Any available info is greatly appreciated.

Thx.
E.

When I purchased one of the pairs of Cerwin Vega D-9’s I had, the owner had kept everything from the receipt to the sales information that came with it.

I found this again the other day and figured I’d scan it. I don’t know if this information is listed elsewhere or not, but I figured some might find it useful:

This has information for the D-1, D-2, D-3, D-5, D-7, and D-9

cerwin.JPG

I have 2 of those. I also saved everything that came with my D-3s. The woofer surrounds are starting to go so I have not listened to them lately. I have lots of spare midranges and horns for these, but can't seem to find non- foam rotted woofers.

My D9s have 4-8 ohms on the crossover. I think these speakers are closer to 4 ohm. What is the Ohm impedance for the D9s? I know my receiver gets a lot warmer when I drive the speakers full tilt as opposed to my Altec 9s. I do know these can get STUPID LOUD.

Thanks,

Harry

Last edited:
I have 2 of those. I also saved everything that came with my D-3s. The woofer surrounds are starting to go so I have not listened to them lately. I have lots of spare midranges and horns for these, but can't seem to find non- foam rotted woofers.

Why replace the woofers? Just redo the foam.

Why replace the woofers? Just redo the foam.

That is what I am going to do. I was trying to find a pair of CVs that had good woofers at a GW or SA for not much coin. That just isn't happening. My brother found a pair of CV D-3s and bought them for me, but the woofer foam was gone. That is why I have extra X-overs, tweets, and mids.

My D-3s are in excellent condition, so it IS worth trying a refoam.

Harry,
What size fuse do we need in our D-9's. I just purchased a pair and blew a fuse on fairly low volume? At one end of the fuse I removed was SOCSD4 and the other end is D250V2A. I'm assuming it's 250 volts at 2 amps and probably not the correct one... Thanks

You may want to check the DC offset on your receiver/amp. If it is more than a few mv you may have problems with your amp. The speaker protect should have engaged and shut off all sound. if it failed to trip your speakers could get direct voltage and blow fuses and or speakers. You do not want to see the "magic smoke".

Harry

Thanks Harry!!! I'll get a couple of those.. I suspect after who knows how many years that they did a little mix and match... Thanks for the prompt reply... Got no idea as how to ck. the DC offset???

Back
Top Bottom