The New Listening Chair

Inspiribomb

Enjoy the journey
All guys know that the chair you sit and listen to music in is almost as important as the gear and music itself. I am extremely picky about my chairs, most guys are I think. I picked up this gem today off CL for a pretty good price. Great condition, leather is buttery soft, and best of all... sooooo comfy.

Its not an actual Herman Miller Eames Lounge chair, but the Plycraft version. But, I wasn't about to spend over $2K for a genuine Eames.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/Inspiribomb/P1000117.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/Inspiribomb/P1000116.jpg

I'm impressed. You have a real ottoman. I just make one of my 5 children squat and hunch down for extended periods of time....

:)

Very nice my man.

Matt

Nice!

I once had a copy of this chair with a built-in fold-out footrest/ottoman. Grey leather.

Roomate wrecked it by bashing the hinged, fold-out footrest against the rough plaster wall out of nervous habit. busted the frame, tore the leather on the footrest, armrest, headrest, as well as damaging the plywood at all three spots.

I miss that chair.

No offense, thedeilaus; but your former roomate sounds like an asshole.

Seriously; if you liked the guy, ok; but wtf?

Matt

Nice chair. I bought an Ekornes chair but had to take it out of the listening room 'cause it was too comfortable. I kept falling asleep! I even replaced the foam in the headrest with buckwheat hulls like in a Sobakawa pillow. Ahh!
Hope you enjoy your new chair.

that is a nice looking chair. :thmbsp:

For my main system I sit on my bed or the floor, and for down stairs, I have an old spring rocking chair with orange cushions and a computer chase that happened to be the right hight for a foot rest. :D

very nice!

i have a pair of same set by plycraft.
they're not that cheap either. i got mine for a bargain, but sets with condition like yours go for close to a grand on ebay. one of mine is in good shape,but the other one needs reupholstery.

:thmbsp::thmbsp: I want one with the vibrating option! Oh, and the servant too:D

Matt, ya gotta get a shot of that, and post it, maybe with the others doing various tasks for your comfort, you know, ashtray, coaster, fan, remote with legs and hands:D "Mattie Jr. turn that big round one on the right just a wee bit higher":smoke:

Craig

If it took that many remotes to run anything at my house my wife would take an ax to the whole thing.

Nice chair though.

Listening chair

That's a fine looking chair there! :thmbsp:

I have a nice old Lazy Boy recliner that I have had for 25 years.

I had it at my house prior to my wife and I being married, and it made the trip with me to her house. She thought it unattractive, hid it in a spare bedroom and bought me a new one.

The new one was pretty comfortable so I didn't have much of a problem.

Now in the new house, the old one (my favorite) and the newer one are both in my "Stereo Den".

Of course, I now have a Bradington-Young in the living room (why yes, Jeeves, my brandy sniffer needs a refill).:D

As much as I like my old Lazy Boys, this is what I'm after next! I want a pair of these.

Last edited:
Good thing most of my remotes are for the TV functions and rarely get used. I have 2 for the system - preamp and Squeezebox. Can't wait to spend some quality time in the chair today.

I would love to get an Ekornes Stressless chair! They were out of the budget though. Since I got mine for a really good price, I suppose I could flip it and buy a Stressless with that money...

I love those Eames style chairs and would love to own one.

Right now I have a couple of winged back chairs for listening. I like the tall back to help remove reflection from the wall behind my head.

Enjoy your chair, looks great!!

Back
Top Bottom