What are you listening to on your reel to reel right now?

Akai 635d through JVC Quads

Just listened to 'safety dance' men without hats...now it is Promises, promises
by naked eyes ....still standing elton john....heart and soul huey lewis....lots of variety on this tape...

Just finished up the 1812 Overture, Mercury Living Presence. Got it this afternoon from the auction place. My dad has the vinyl, so I know this recording pretty well. It would be awesome except there's quite a bit of popping on one of the channels. Not sure what's going on there.

Fred

Club music.......

Currently listening to club 'dance' music from various artist of the 80's on my Pioneer RT-707 and also enjoying an ice cold bottle of BECK'S along with it!

Last edited:
Threaded up earlier my copy of "Leibert Takes Richmond" on Westminster 4 track. Theater organ at it's best (recorded at the Byrd Theater in Richmond, VA which is still in good condition even now)

The Best of Peter, Paul and Mary (Ten) Years Together along with a finger of 15 year old single malt Scotch. Rather nice, both.

Five Centuries of Classical Music (Vanguard -4 track- 7.5 ips) on a Sony TC-399.

Ray

REO Speedwagon~High Infedelity, recorded from 180gr vinyl
Pat Travers~Crash and Burn
DIO~Holy Diver
Whitesnake~Good To Be Bad
all recorded from vinyl on 7-1/2 ips

JanisJoplin3net.jpg

Big brother and the holding company - Cheap thrills
Columbia stereo tape 7.5

Found this tape in the mailbox tonight. We take our chances on buying these old tapes but I'm very happy to hear this one is perfect. In fact, this is about the best I've heard Janis sound!

Akai GX-635D > First Sound Presence Deluxe > (2) Yamaha M-2 > Soliloquy 6.5

stickyfingersnet.jpg

The Rolling Stones - Stick Fingers
1971 Atlantic - Ampex Mastered 7.5

Another fine tape I scored recently :smoke:

Just finished restoring a beautiful TEAC A-4300SX, really enjoying breaking 'er in! :music:

*EDIT: Thanks for the heads up - let's see if the attachments stay attached now! :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1425.JPG
    IMG_1425.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_1445.JPG
    IMG_1445.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_1437.jpg
    IMG_1437.jpg