Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

M-80 amp
T-7 tuner

Both great pieces of gear. I a paid all the money for the amp bacause it was in mint condition before UPS dropped it. The tuner was $100 and I would put its sound quality up against any tuner made.

R-1000 receiver (paid $8!) - 100w/ch, only digital receiver I'd consider worthy enough to call 'vintage' (1980)
YP-D8 TT (paid $5!) - amazing mass, warps local time/space around it...

I bought a little Yammie receiver from Toasted Almond I can't remember what it is, I haven't plugged it in yet but I will be using it to demo my new HTD speakers this weekend and I will take a pic of it. It looks a lot different than all the other Yammie gear I see in here.

A $10.00 garage sale CR420 reciever powers the sound system in the credit union branch that I manage. In my PC room I have a pair of NS25T speakers going. They came from Goodwill.

That's it,

Ed

Used to have a Yammie A-700 integrated and a T-700 tuner. SWEET stuff...wish I'd never sold it. (At the risk of being struck by Matushita lightning and being branded a heretic by my followers) it sounded better than anything I've ever owned by Technics.

CA-1010 amp
CT-1010 tuner
MX-35 amp
CDC-505 cd player

The CA-1010 is one of the nicest sounding amps I have, the best of the SS stuff at least.

The MX-35 is a nice little 4 channel amp that I bought to use in a computer system that never got built. Its also great for use with an active crossover.

CA610 that needs to go on ebay when I can find the time. Nice but not a keeper for me.

Also a YP511 and YP450.

Actually, would like to get my hands on a A1. They are kinda cool.

Jack

Last edited:
Yamaha, one of my favorite subjects:

PF-800 turntable
CX-1 preamp
B-6 amp (pyramid shaped)
R-1000 receiver
T-1000 tuner
C-6 preamp

More modern than most, but certainly not new.....

TX-500 tuner

CX-800u pre amp

MX-800u amp

CDC-905 CD changer

End result.....:yes: :guitar: :rockon:

Originally posted by JCturboT
Here is my 2000 series Yamaha components...From the top

CX-2000 Preamplifier
CDX-2020 Cd Player
TX-2000 Tuner
MX-2000 Power Amplifier

JC that is a NICE setup you got there. I like.:yes:

As for me, I've got a CR-640 with matching KT-550 in the back room. I sold my other CR-640 and CR-840. I want a CR-1040. I know a lot of poeple like the 20 series (i.e.620,820,1020,2020), but I've always like the 40's.

I guess I spoke too soon!!! Go to the local thrift and there is a CA-1000 and a CT-800. Out the door I go with the two. Also had a pair of HH Scott Pro-100 speakers, although I have way too many speakers on hand!!!

I'm going to use the CA-1000 as a pre-amp until I find a decent one. Anyone know what the coupler switch is for? Did I do okay on the deal?

Yama1.jpg

Yama2.jpg

Last edited:
Right now I have a CDC-655 on the main system and a TD-450 playing tapes out in the garage/shop.
I sold a CR-640 about three years ago when I first started selling and found a Marantz 2270 to replace it. I also sold a 960 cassette deck last year in favor of a Nak, which has since been replaced with a Denon.
Oh yeah, I had a DT-175B back in the 70s and a RD-350 in the 80s and they were damn sweet too.

Oooops, make taht at TD-450 in the garage.
And I forgot I also had a set of 3 way 10" speakers, NS somethings, a turntable with a nice lightweight straight arm and a single CD deck I also sold.
All in all nice stuff. It always seemed to me to be a notch up on the other Japanese brands, but hey, that's just my opinion.

I have a CDR-D651 dual tray player/recorder. It does everything I want it too. I would love to own any of the following:

T-2 analog tuner
T-85 digital tuner

Originally posted by Wardsweb
JC that is a NICE setup you got there. I like.:yes:

WW,
Thanks for the compliment.

I looked for these 2000 series Yamaha pieces for over 3 years till I found a set that was truly this clean.

I have all the original boxes,owners manuals, and even the original remote controls (never used-even have the original batteries in shrinkwrap) and well as the factory literature out at the time about these rare components.

They really are beautiful pieces and sound spectacular with my Klipschorns.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom