Marantz SR-940

Thrift-a-holic

Hooked for life
So as a Vintage Audio fan I have not spent too much time coveting anything newer than the late 70's. I have a Kenwood KR-7600 which I have enjoyed, but necassarily locked into. I have the opprotunity to pick up a different unit that seems interesting, but is major departure fromt he vintage look of my silver monster 7600. The Marantz SR-940 appears to be a quality unit but not a vintage that most people seem to like. Is this really a "true" 100RMS? I am also not sure what they are worth, but don't want to focus on that as I don't really want to get booted over to the dollars and sence.:scratch2:

So as a Vintage Audio fan I have not spent too much time coveting anything newer than the late 70's. I have a Kenwood KR-7600 which I have enjoyed, but necassarily locked into. I have the opprotunity to pick up a different unit that seems interesting, but is major departure fromt he vintage look of my silver monster 7600. The Marantz SR-940 appears to be a quality unit but not a vintage that most people seem to like. Is this really a "true" 100RMS? I am also not sure what they are worth, but don't want to focus on that as I don't really want to get booted over to the dollars and sence.:scratch2:
sr940.jpg

Probably not one of their best units, and it wont sound very Marantz like i would think. If its 20 dollars, id grab it cause its "different" looking. But I really wouldn't call it a Marantz unit.

the SR9000G in my signature is about as digital as the Marantz line got before taking a fall for a while in the 1980s.

Dont get me wrong....there are SEVERAL Marantz components I drool over from the 80s, but that 940 is not one of them.

Hope that helps.

So as a Vintage Audio fan I have not spent too much time coveting anything newer than the late 70's. I have a Kenwood KR-7600 which I have enjoyed, but necassarily locked into. I have the opprotunity to pick up a different unit that seems interesting, but is major departure fromt he vintage look of my silver monster 7600. The Marantz SR-940 appears to be a quality unit but not a vintage that most people seem to like. Is
this really a "true" 100RMS? I am also not sure what they are worth, but don't want to focus on that as I don't really want to get booted over to the dollars and sence.:scratch2:

I have a sr940 and I love it. It does the job well for me. I know it does not look like all the other ones but it is rare and nice to own. It also has a remote control.

Back
Top Bottom