Chicago-Area AKers! Save Feb. 25th.

My trip got pushed back to the 29th and now its....Chile? Anyway, I hope to make it now! Sabah has some conference in the morning so we'll probably be there in the afternoon. Is there going to be an amp/preamp setup? I was thinking of maybe bringing my Klyne SK-6L preamp/phono stage.

I sure would like to hear your Klyne preamp.

I really would like to come to one of these near me shindigs. I am really hesitant based on the weather.

Just trying to see shows this time of year is a pain.

I'll see what I can do. Would like to meet some of you folks.

I'd bring the Levinson its attached to as well, but it would take forever to drive a forklift out to the 'burbs.

I could possibly bring my PSE studio V signature monoblocks. I am not sure how much equipment will get setup and I don't want to overwhelm the place. Plus, if I leave my wife stereo-less she's gonna be pissed, I don't have anything else I trust to drive these Thiels without turning into a lump of coal.

Evan

I could possibly bring my PSE studio V signature monoblocks. I am not sure how much equipment will get setup and I don't want to overwhelm the place. Plus, if I leave my wife stereo-less she's gonna be pissed, I don't have anything else I trust to drive these Thiels without turning into a lump of coal.

Evan

I just remembered that I also have an amp I need to take Robie so that will be there, too, if I can go.

Present! I'll be there and look forward to seeing everyone. I'll probably ride down with Blzatrl....between the two of us we'll probably bring some HH Scott integrateds (222c, LK 48, 299???) and some tube cd players. :thmbsp:

Robie,

I would like to attend, SWL3600 and Blzatrl (Scott & Mike) keep telling me what a great time they have at your AK fest.

I really would like to come to one of these near me shindigs. I am really hesitant based on the weather.

Just trying to see shows this time of year is a pain.

I'll see what I can do. Would like to meet some of you folks.

For what it's worth, it looks like Dan (SET12) is coming all the way from Appleton. You are more than welcome.

Robie,

I would like to attend, SWL3600 and Blzatrl (Scott & Mike) keep telling me what a great time they have at your AK fest.

Southern, you are more than welcome to attend. I'll be getting instructions/directions out this weekend.

Note to all who plan to attend. I will be sending instructions/directions by PM later this week. If you don't receive them by at least 4 or 5 days in advance, PM me.

Skylab,

I don't have many uber efficient speakers but I bet my Genesis Physics Model 10s would be an easy load to drive. I can drive them fairly loud with my 7W/ch Super T-Amp. Unfortunately, I find them super revealing. I recapped them and refoamed them and never heard the original sound. I find them a bit hot on all but the very best recordings.

If there is any interest I can bring my Forte's that are modified for bi-amping,
just don't ask me to drag my SX-1980 along.

By PM, I've sent Instructions/Directions to all who have posted on this thread that you wish to attend. If you haven't received them please let me know.

This is kind of an Open House Party/Get Together. Please plan on having a great time and bring a significant other. It's as much about socializing as equipment. If you aren't having a good time, please let me know so I can do a better job.

I may be a bit scarce with hosting duties so I'll have to delegate some responsibilities to some of you to keep things going so thanks in advance for your help. Some of my friends (with considerable audio experience) and new coworkers (who desperately need some audio experience) may also attend but I'll "vouch" for them.

Also, please post or PM me with the number of people you are attending with so we have some idea of how much food to have.

If you have any ideas, suggestions or comments, please let me know.

Lastly, we're a little more than a week away and I'm really looking forward to renewing old friendships and making new ones.

Hi, I think I got missed in the batch... Could you send me one please. It will be ether just me, or me +1 if that is cool.

Hi, I think I got missed in the batch... Could you send me one please. It will be ether just me, or me +1 if that is cool.

I hope I just rectified that JoeDotCom. Sorry. Could have sworn I sent one. Anyway, looking forward to meeting you.

Back
Top Bottom