• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Apogee MiniGrand Nudies

mjalazard

Well-Known Member
After spending this Spring rebuilding two pair of The "New" Advent speakers, I got the bug to work on my Apogee Mini Grands.

When I first purchased these about 7 years ago, the frame was slightly roughed-up. I initially be-built the crossovers, using Alpha-core inductors, Bybee Slipstreems, Axon caps, and Holand Bypass caps http://www.northcreekmusic.com/Bypassing.html

343854872_QHCSZ-M.jpg


343855543_9K7VQ-M.jpg


I also replaced the 10" subwoofers with ScanSpeaks:

343855692_tUCmN-M.jpg



This past month, I have been re-finishing the frame and front baffle:

gettin the glue off the back
343854113_zj6jT-M.jpg


Front baffle has been primed and painted with Rustoleum Black Hammered finish:
343854427_yqFrw-M.jpg


343854185_Bhhbe-M.jpg


Sides re-stained with dark walnut:
343854420_JurqG-M.jpg


Inside look at the large ribbon:
343855124_62BMx-M.jpg


The mid-tweeter ribbons prior to the upgrade with Graz's 26-6 XLM2's

http://www.apogeeacoustics.com/ Check out his website!

343854897_Fe3jo-M.jpg


The ribbons are not copper...just the laws of optics playing games:
343855329_u4U6v-M.jpg

More to follow!:D
Mike
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom