Yamaha TT

6thumbs

AK Member
Picking up a Yamaha model Number YP-D3 for cheap money ,,wood base,,,direct drive quartz pretty sure its a manual deck anybody have a clue on the overhang or know anything about this table ,,,thanks

Yes it is manual; it is a good looking tt.
Specs are quite similar to the YP-D6, a smaller engine, the arm is 0,4mm shorter 221,6mm (YP-D6 222mm).

Dates to 1978/79.

Looks nice. Here are some pics gleaned from a listing:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 56
My YP-D6 has a dot on the side of the headshell that you line up the needle with. Check and see if you have this "dot" on the side of the D3 headshell.

Picking up a Yamaha model Number YP-D3 for cheap money ,,wood base,,,direct drive quartz pretty sure its a manual deck anybody have a clue on the overhang or know anything about this table ,,,thanks
Sweeeet,Nice TT's:thmbsp:

Yamaha YP-D3
Direct Drive
platter: 330mm, 1,6kg Diecast aluminium platter.
12-poles/24-Slots DC motor
S/N ratio: 70dB (DIN)
Wow & flutter: 0,055%
Pitch +/- 6%
PC: 3W
Dimensions: 435x122x376mm
Weight: 8,5kg
tonearm effective length: 221,6mm
Overhang: 16,6mm
Cartridge weight: 4-11g

PS. the plint is American Nut Tree, just love online translation :)

Plugged the arm data into my calculator. It coincides exactly with Stevenson null points. Download Stevenson protractor from VE and you're on your way.

Picked up table this PM,, out side of the usual plastic cover scratches,, this unit is in super condition ,,Original box with 2 adaptors for 45 usage ,,dishwasher system ,,no manual but this is a manual table so I just cleaned an de-oxit and will test unit tommorrow ,,for 30.00 $ i don,t think i did to bad,,,,thanks guys really appreciate your help

Picked up table this PM,, out side of the usual plastic cover scratches,, this unit is in super condition ,,Original box with 2 adaptors for 45 usage ,,dishwasher system ,,no manual but this is a manual table so I just cleaned an de-oxit and will test unit tommorrow ,,for 30.00 $ i don,t think i did to bad,,,,thanks guys really appreciate your help
just looked at the cartridge ,,it,s a Stanton D-61 any clue on this guy

.3 x .7 elliptical, 1-2g tracking force. Looks pretty decent, possibly the precursor or runner up to the 681 series of carts.
Well I don,t know what the other spec are on this cartridge but it sounds extremely mellow ,,I,ve got an Signet AT -5E that i,m going to try tommorrow to see how that sounds,,

Back
Top Bottom