• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Has anyone seen the Sota Turntable on House?

turbodan

Member
I have recently started watching the show "House" on Fox, and when I was watching the credits at the end of the show, it mentioned sponsorship by "Sota Turntables":D. So, has anyone seen a turntable in the show, or did they just provide monetary support? My guess is that it would have to be in someones office.

Dan
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm watching the first season on DVD and House was listening to some Jazz on vinyl in the last episode.
I don't know what the TT was but he's a Doctor so I'm sure it wasn't a BSR. :D
 
Here you go, finally tracked down confirmation:

Herald Sun said:
Hawk-eyed viewers may have noticed the good doctor (played by Hugh Laurie), unwinds at home with a state-of-the-art stereo system.

Not a trendy surround-sound or an MP3 player, but a swank system comprising an American-made Sota Cosmos belt-drive turntable, Bella Luna speakers built by Dueval in Germany, and US-made Thor Audio valve amplifiers.

Quoted article here.
 
Last edited:
Evidently the good Dr. is into his vintage guitar as well...loved the episode where Dr. Wilson stole it and held it "hostage".
 
Actually he has a system at home as well as his office. I have never been able to ID the table in the office but I know of at least 3 times he has spin vinyl during times he was in his office. One of his Christmas gifts from the cute little gal (she's Bi as of the show I watched last night how interesting) on his team now was a "Classic album"

And the Guitar ended up torn to pieces as a result of the Hostage things he has on a couple follow on shows been seen trying to glue splitters back together.
 
Now theres a good example of product placement that actually works. After watching the first season of House with my wife, I added the SOTA turntable to my long list of TT's to acquire if I should ever find one cheap enough.
 
With that audio setup and his Honda (CBR, Repsol colors) motorcycle, Dr. House is my role model.
 
House has some nice toys in his house and his office. At one point he had a TT in his office too. Not sure what kind.
 
Now theres a good example of product placement that actually works. After watching the first season of House with my wife, I added the SOTA turntable to my long list of TT's to acquire if I should ever find one cheap enough.

I agree with you there, it also makes me want to watch the show just to catch a glimpse of it.:D

Dan
 
Here is House and his turntable... :-)

sshot-13.jpg
 
When I grow-up, I want to be grouchy like Dr. House. Excellent bedside manner, AFAIC.

I've been grouchy like that since I was 10. Learned it from Leonard McCoy. I've also had an off-the-wall zany streak, learned that from Hawkeye Pierce. :D
 
Now theres a good example of product placement that actually works. After watching the first season of House with my wife, I added the SOTA turntable to my long list of TT's to acquire if I should ever find one cheap enough.


Because you saw it on a TV show.
 
Back
Top Bottom