denon dp-47f arm adjustment

fab gear

I just picked up a Denon DP-47F turntable and everything seems to be working okay except when I push the start button, the arm lifts up and moves toward the platter witch starts spinning but when the arm drops down it falls short of the record by about 1/8 of an inch.Is there an easy adjustment to correct this problem? I really like the look and feel of this vintage table,I just hope someone will know how to fix this. Thanks

Hey, i can actually help with a "techie" type question as i had the same problem with mine except the needle dropped to far into the first track/not run-in grooves.

Here's what you do:
*If you have a stylus protecter, use it for this adjustment!
1. Make an adjustment tool out of a small pocket standard screwdriver by cutting roughly 1 inch off the handle with a pair of heavy wire cutters, like my red one below:
p1000657t.jpg

2. Drop it into the lead-in adjustment slot, as below:
p1000658k.jpg

3. Take the tone arm off the rest and delicately work the screwdriver into the adjustment slot.
(This part is a bit "fiddley," so take your time/be patient!)
4. Once the tone arm moves as you turn the screwdriver, you know you're home.
5. Hold the tone arm fast just out of the rest and slightly adjust the screw clockwise/counter-clockwise.
6. Flip up the stylus protector (if you have one), take out the tool and test tonearm for drop placement and then re-adjust accordingly.

The owners manuel goes into this in more detail and proper language, but that's the jist of it. Take your time and be gentle! Took me around 15 minutes to get it right. Good luck, fellow DP-47F owner. Nice TT. :thmbsp:

Last edited:
Thank you! Thank you!! I actually tried this when I saw that small hole near the back of the tone arm but I was using a phillips - head screw driver and I don't think it was reaching the screw anyway. I will try this and hopefully it will work.I have the owner's manual but there is no mention of this.I also ordered the service manual witch should be arriving in the mail soon and it is probably in that. Thanks again!!

Hey, i can actually help with a "techie" type question as i had the same problem with mine except the needle dropped to far into the first track/not run-in grooves.

Here's what you do:
*If you have a stylus protecter, use it for this adjustment!
1. Make an adjustment tool out of a small pocket standard screwdriver by cutting roughly 1 inch off the handle with a pair of heavy wire cutters, like my red one below:
p1000657t.jpg

2. Drop it into the lead-in adjustment slot, as below:
p1000658k.jpg

3. Take the tone arm off the rest and delicately work the screwdriver into the adjustment slot.
(This part is a bit "fiddley," so take your time/be patient!)
4. Once the tone arm moves as you turn the screwdriver, you know you're home.
5. Hold the tone arm fast just out of the rest and slightly adjust the screw clockwise/counter-clockwise.
6. Flip up the stylus protector (if you have one), take out the tool and test tonearm for drop placement and then re-adjust accordingly.

The owners manuel goes into this in more detail and proper language, but that's the jist of it. Take your time and be gentle! Took me around 15 minutes to get it right. Good luck, fellow DP-47F owner. Nice TT. :thmbsp:

thanks for this.
ive got a dp47f as my primary in the den.
while mine works fine, never can say...may come in useful sometime.

regards,
asmd.

Back
Top Bottom