'68 & 69 Fisher Console Brochures

larryderouin

I'm VERTICAL and Breathing...most of the time.
Subscriber
At the request of TheRed1 I've scanned them in to my photobucket album.
(EDIT: 3-24-11.....After much discussion and research (I double checked the differences in model #'s and couldn't find any, so...) we've come to the conclusion that BOTH are 1969 manuals. The 1st is an early version and the other is a late version. If anyone has the brochures sheets or a catalog for 1968 consoles contact me or TheRed1 via PM. Larry)
Here's a combined of both front covers.

68-69FisherConsoleBrochureCovers.jpg

The links will take you to the individual year complete brochures.

http://s408.photobucket.com/albums/pp168/torskdoc/1968 FISHER CONSOLE BROCHURE/

http://s408.photobucket.com/albums/pp168/torskdoc/1969 FISHER CONSOLE BROCHURE/

The R-494 Royal Electra that the brochures came with and some FISHER RADIO CORP. Sales Slips are documented here.... http://s408.photobucket.com/albums/pp168/torskdoc/Fisher R-494 Royal Electra Console/

Slideshows are the 1st files in each respective folder.

These brochures came with my 1969 Royal Electra. The Original owner marked up all the prices while shopping, ended up buying the Royal Electra in Country French. The Shop's business card is on the front inside cover page of the 1968 Brochure.

Enjoy.

Larry

Last edited:
Thanks Larry for the scans.I found my 69 fisher M-399 Metropolitan in there.I found this console at AMVETS for 5.99,plays great and looks good.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Excellent scans and organization, Larry. I'm sure those of us console folks who hang out here in the Tube Forum will find those of interest despite the lack of tubes during those years. I copied your links over to the 'Fisher Consoles 1959-1965' post and added 1966 and 1967 to extend the coverage. Actually, I ended up creating a 'clearinghouse' post for Fisher console information:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3009237&postcount=182

Thanks!

Last edited:
***Moderators, you may want to move this thread to the Fisher forum especially since there are no tubes in these consoles.***

I ran across this thread while researching Fisher consoles built after 1965. While trying to come up with complete model listings for each of the years I thought I had information for (1966-1969); I realized that I had mistaken one of Larry's catalogs for a 1968.

When I clicked on the link above for photos I noticed that Larry had correctly identified his catalogs as early and late 1969 catalogs. So that leaves us without a '68 catalog. Does anybody have one? I have a price list for '68 which is rather strange in that only the Philharmonic and Diplomat models appear have different model numbers from the '67s. The rest of the model line-up are a repeat of the prior year's models with a "B" stuck on to the end of the cabinet code.

It's possible there was no '68 catalog. I have seen single page brochures on individual console that may be what was issued in '68. I have no idea what was going on with Fisher in '68. Perhaps there was some sort of production glitch and maybe it was the final straw that caused Avery Fisher to put the company up for sale. (It sold to Emerson in '69.)

Last edited:
Fisher Model 971

I've been trying to date my Fisher. Im a new owner, got this unit from a friend. Can anyone fill me in on how to date these? I've seen many pics of other FIsher consoles but none that seem similar to this one.

Attachments

• Front_02.jpg
    Front_02.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Front_03.jpg
    Front_03.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 118
I've been trying to date my Fisher. Im a new owner, got this unit from a friend. Can anyone fill me in on how to date these? I've seen many pics of other FIsher consoles but none that seem similar to this one.

It looks like a 1966 Fisher Executive Model 971 with the Contemporary cabinet.

Most Fisher consoles left the factory with an ID sheet and tube layout diagram glued to the back that should have the model number. For one reason or another they often go missing over they years. I'm pretty sure Jon is correct with his ID since it looks like your Executive has the Tandberg reel-to-reel. That cabinet style, which Fisher called the Far Eastern Contemporary was also available in '65 but those should have an Ampex 4452, according to Fisher's sales literature.

If your console still has its ID sheet you can confirm our speculation. The cabinet code for the Far Eastern Contemporary is "FE" which is usually stamped after the model number.

I just sent Jon the info I have on Fisher's 1966 and 67 model years so you should be able to look your console up on his fisherconsoles.com website in the near future. (No pressure, Jon. :D) You should currently be able to find the 1965 version of your Executive there. The 1966 Executive has a single "all-in-one" chassis, the 69-T, instead of the '65's separate tuner and amp chassis, the 97-T & 97-A. If your ID sheet is missing, you can look on the chassis for those numbers to confirm the year.

That's a sharp looking console, by the way. How would you describe the color? Is it black or like a very deep cherry color? Is there any chance you could get some better photos and post them in the Fisher Consoles "sticky" at the top of the page?

That's a sharp looking console, by the way. How would you describe the color? Is it black or like a very deep cherry color? Is there any chance you could get some better photos and post them in the Fisher Consoles "sticky" at the top of the page?

Digiovmt, if you post some photos I'll put them up on the Fisher Console web site and give you credit as the owner.

Red: I'll verify the amp/tuner as the 69T. It's the same as used in the Futura and Ambassador for '66. the knobs and buttons are reversed from 1965.

Larry

Back
Top Bottom