1965 Fisher Ambassador Console Restored

Hi Fellow Fisher fans
I am new to the Audio Karma forum and I was encouraged by a fellow member to post a few pictures of my newly restored 1965 Fisher Ambassador Console.
I purchased the console this past winter and with the help of "Larry" an expert on Fisher 59A/59T amps and tuners, I was able to totally recap and restore the Danish Modern console to perfect working condition.
Notice the added "equalizer" that I installed in the compartment that the reel to reel would have been housed. I used the "reverb" hook ups in the preamp to intragrate the equalizer. It really smoothed out the highs and mid range tones that I was not fond of.
Gotta say that this site is the best and so are the members.:music:
My best to all
GA

Attachments

• DSCN3953.jpg
    DSCN3953.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 206
  • DSCN3955.jpg
    DSCN3955.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 237
  • DSCN3950.jpg
    DSCN3950.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 205
Damn George! That looks SHWWEEEEEEEEETT! Looks better than my Futura. If it sounds 1/2 as good as it looks, you've got a winner. And it fits in with the Decor of your place. Glad I could help. BTW, I'll take you up on that transistor, no rush tho.

Larry

You've really done a great job bringing that '65 Ambassador back into prime condition. The '65 Ambassador had the 270 hp 327 cid V8, didn't it? (Or maybe that was '65 Rambler Ambassador - not the Fisher.) Here is some info from the '65 Fisher console catalog and other sources you may be interested in:

Ambassador-VII-Contemp.jpg

Ambassador-VII-A.jpg

59-T--59-A.jpg

59-T.jpg

You are definitely on the right track with the abstract painting and sculpture. Fisher also recommended, of all things, German Beer Steins! I also think I see the obligatory bust of Avery Fisher (I guess it could also be one of those long-hair composers or maybe even Napoleon or Washington). And, of course, Star Wars action figures. Also note the optional WS-1 "wide surround" speakers - always something to keep an eye out for.

The solo game of checkers is kind of sad, though. Eventually she'll get used to the idea. Until then at least you've got your favorite cold beverage to keep you company.

Ambassador-Room-2.jpg

The bust is most likely Beethoven or Bach. Avery was one for classical composers. Star Wars Figurines? What HAVE you been smoking, RED?????

You've really done a great job bringing that '65 Ambassador back into prime condition. The '65 Ambassador had the 270 hp 327 cid V8, didn't it? (Or maybe that was '65 Rambler Ambassador - not the Fisher.) Here is some info from the '65 Fisher console catalog and other sources you may be interested in:

Very impressive specs there!:thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom