How do I repair my Tube Amp?

hydrovac

Need help in fixing my Tube amp.

Hello everyone,

I really need help. A month ago my cayin MT12A tube amps power transformer failed and stopped functioning.

I tried contacting the manufacturer for support but there is no response. Does anyone have knowledge about these amps. Schematics or at least the transformers secondary voltages so that I can get it wounded.

Any assistance in this regard would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Krishna

Hello everyone,

I really need help. A month ago my cayin MT12A tube amps power transformer failed and stopped functioning.

I tried contacting the manufacturer for support but there is no response. Does anyone have knowledge about these amps. Schematics or at least the transformers secondary voltages so that I can get it wounded.

Krishna

Sad to hear. Your best bet would be to sell the junk on ebay and buy something that is documented and built with available parts. Don't forget that documentation including schematics is included with quality amps.

Let this be a warning to everyone lookin at cayin products!

You may be able to send it to Heyboer to have it rewound, How many secondaries are there?In a pinch,you can figure the secondaries for filament and hv from the filter caps rating,and tube filament voltage and draw.

Last edited:

Hello everyone,

Krishna

I can help. PM me.

PS: Cayin is not junk.

I can help. PM me.

PS: Cayin is not junk.
Nobody said that cayin is junk. Their support is worthless however. The mere existence of offered help when a vendor does not help is the evidence of failure. Beware of cayin !

No, you're saying it's both junk and not junk. :dunno:

And if a broken amp of any brand was junk, this forum would be pretty dead. :D

Hello everyone,

Krishna

It would be nice to know what part of the world you are in , and your line voltage .This transformer would work for the output section and preamp .

http://www.triodeelectronics.com/pb-028.html

Don't know if you need other voltages , if you have the remote control version .

It would be nice to know what part of the world you are in , and your line voltage .This transformer would work for the output section and preamp .

http://www.triodeelectronics.com/pb-028.html

Don't know if you need other voltages , if you have the remote control version .

Thanks battradio,
I live in India where residential power supplied is two wire 220 volts, three wire 415 volts, permitted variation 6%, and maximum load 40 amperes. Frequency 50 Hz.

I visited the site,I was disappointed.There is no tech support to speak of,the contact us messages go back to 2011,and are not answered,and the spam messages are not deleted,poor service seems to be their business.It seems the only way to get any where as far as parts and service may be their distributer.:thumbsdn:

Back
Top Bottom