Why do some guys have to crap on someone else's system ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatdrinks77

I posted a question about what gauge speaker wire to use with a Bose Acoustimass system I found at my local Goodwill.....

Some AK members graciously answered my question and I thank them for that. But why oh why do other members feel compelled to take the time to reply back to my post and tell me how CRAPPY the system is that I just picked up.

In my post, I did not ask anyone's opinion of how good or bad my system is. I simply asked question about speaker wire.

Why can't people be nice to each other? What happened to the Golden Rule -- If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Here is a link to my original post http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?p=7189110#post7189110

I just don't get it. Dan :music:

Agreed- that is completely uncalled for.

Not excusing such behavour - unfortunately, Bose products seem to be the subject of special vilification around here.

Unfortunally there are many breeds of buttcracks here. Yes I agree with you in your statement. Best to just ignore them and move on.

PS-- IN MY BOOK ---nothing wrong with BOSE on my end.

Unfortunally there are many breeds of buttcracks here. Yes I agree with you in your statement. Best to just ignore them and move on.

PS-- IN MY BOOK ---nothing wrong with BOSE on my end.

Thanks man, I appreciate your comment about BOSE, but the BOSE brand being good or bad is really not the point. I just don't understand why people have to be a**holes.

IME its the people with the least amount to contribute that reduce everything to '<insert manufacturer here> is crap'.

After you've been around long enough and heard enough gear, you realize that people like a variety of things for a variety of reasons.

That said, Soundesign is (pretty much) crap :). But I won't tell you that if you ask a question about how to hook it up, etc.

What you like to listen to is your choice and I hope you continue to be a AK member,there a lot of good people here who enjoy this hobby and the music.

I agree with the OP, it is behaviour lacking in class. But I think you just need to take it on the chin. Having cut my teeth in customer service I know that people can be more rude when they are not dealing with you in person and especially when using a non-identifying avatar so it's part of online life unfortunately. Hey, I have the Energy 22 speakers WITHOUT the original 'million dollar' tweeters. If I believed some of the comments I've read then I would throw them on the tip but they sound pretty great for what I spent so I'm happy until I squirrel away some acorns for an upgrade. Enjoy your $40 find.

Agreed, very rude behavior. That said, there is a story behind this.

The Acoustimass speaker system has been accused of being extremely expensive for the hardware provided. The tiny speakers are not well regarded and the performance is widely viewed as okay, but sub par in that price range. This system, possibly more than any other is what has inspired many to consider Bose to be more of a marketing success than a great purveyor of quality electronics.

It is a reasonable assertion in some cases, but they have had some very successful unique designs. The approach is unorthodox, but many love them. I would consider the 901s, particularly the early sealed box designs to be a uniquely performing, and highly enjoyable design. The same goes for the Wave Radio, although, it has been bettered at half the price.

Because of this long standing controversial status, many are all to quick on the trigger to criticize.

In a vacuum of experience, the Acoustimass system has a lot of bang. If you enjoy them, that alone proves that they are enjoyable and have value.

Agreed, very rude behavior. That said, there is a story behind this.

The Acoustimass speaker system has been accused of being extremely expensive for the hardware provided. The tiny speakers are not well regarded and the performance is widely viewed as okay, but sub par in that price range. This system, possibly more than any other is what has inspired many to consider Bose to be more of a marketing success than a great purveyor of quality electronics.

It is a reasonable assertion in some cases, but they have had some very successful unique designs. The approach is unorthodox, but many love them. I would consider the 901s, particularly the early sealed box designs to be a uniquely performing, and highly enjoyable design. The same goes for the Wave Radio, although, it has been bettered at half the price.

Because of this long standing controversial status, many are all to quick on the trigger to criticize.

In a vacuum of experience, the Acoustimass system has a lot of bang. If you enjoy them, that alone proves that they are enjoyable and have value.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050828140425/http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

I'd rather hear people's honest opinions and experiences than the alternatives of it.

you don't want my honest opinion of your personality... you crapped on my other thread, now you are crapping on this thread. Were you the bully in elementary school ?

I'd rather hear people's honest opinions and experiences than the alternatives of it.

If the OP solicited opinions/experiences of/with his system, it would be perfectly appropriate for posters to explain their criticisms and the reasons why.

In this case, he clearly did not seek such input; his query was purely technical.

Even if he did, such critique should be done as tactfully as possible - so as not to cause affront to his judgement for having bought it in the first place.

As the old saying goes, "It's not what you say, but how you say it."

Don't let it get to you. There are a lot of A-holes here. Next time ask what do you think and someone will tell you what size wire to use. :D

The moment the OP opened a thread on a global forum about a piece of gear, he welcomed peoples opinions about it. Whatever they may be. Remember free speech?

The fact someone shared his negative experience with the same gear was taken as an insult instead of potential valuable advice.

Why not take the high road you drum about so loudly? Why not be the better man and not open a rant in a separate thread that will generate conflict? Why are YOU campaigning? What are you trying to achieve?

The moment the OP opened a thread on a global forum about a piece of gear, he welcomed peoples opinions about it...

I respectfully disagree. "Global" forum or not - is irrevelant.

Simply because we have the liberty of free speech does not necessarily mean it should be excercised without discretion.

One man's opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom