• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Looking for full size Chassis for CNC phono pre

Zeppellin

Active Member
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of starting to purchase the rest of my parts for a couple of builds that I will be starting very soon. I am making an OPS external power supply and CNC MM phono pre. I will be starting threads to document the builds as these are my first DIY builds.

Looking forward to starting the process. I am trying to narrow down parts that I am picking up. I am looking for ideas for a full size chassis for the CNC MM phono pre. I realize this is not necessary. However I would like the option to potentially add a MC phono section to the build later and I prefer the look of a full size case on my equipment stack.

I have searched a bit on various sites and have had a hard time finding something that will work well to my specifications. In an ideal world the chassis/case would look very similar to the Jolida JD-9 case with silver face.

What I am looking for:
1) Silver face
2) Low profile
3) full size case
4) quality construction

Please let me know of any sites to browse for something under these constraints, or links to particular cases that might fit this bill would be very appreciated. I will get actual dimensions up after I get home tonight.

Thanks,
Josh
 
Register to hide this ad
The 2U Pesante cab at the diyaudio store might be what you're looking for:

http://www.diyaudio.com/store/amplifier-chassis.html


Unfortunately, it's out of stock. I believe their chasses are made at hifi2000, and I believe you can purchase the same/similar things at modushop.biz:

http://www.modushop.biz/ecommerce/index_l2.php

These are the style I am after. Hoping to find something similar on ebay or elsewhere maybe a bit cheaper if possible. Those look really nice!
 
Just type "aluminum chassis" in the ebay search field. You immediately get similar project boxes.
 
I used eBay # 121174311313 for exactly that build. I'm still waiting on some chokes but it seems like a good size and what you're looking for
 
I am building my new CNC in this cab

dsc00029zb.jpg

dsc00026ct.jpg

Cabs are professionally made by my friend for few of us to accommodate CNC+SSP+OPS+R core+Pass B1 and DIY 5:1 Source selector board.Its heavy 4kg(approx).

Regards,
Sachin
 
What I am looking for:
1) Silver face
2) Low profile
3) full size case
4) quality construction

You read my mind!
My build had the same goals. I used the same chassis which Sachin is using.

The front panel is home made from a piece of Alucobond, a composite sandwich
of two thin sheets of aluminum, around a polythene core. It is used for
the facade of buildings and I got this piece from the scrap near a new building. Very
easy to work with, with hand tools at home.

pre3.jpg


pre4.jpg


pre7.jpg
 
Nice builds, guys!

That Alucobond looks promising.
FWIW, it comes in a lot of different finishes and colors. I was checking out sample requests and some are 5" x 7" so if you're building a smallish case, a sample sheet may fit the bill.
 
Back
Top Bottom