Maverick tube dac; $99?!?

Dirtbeard

Hello all!

I found this listing on the bay. A maverick audio D2 with a BIN for $99. Heres the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maverick-Au...esale_TV_Video_Home_Audio&hash=item19e8bc20f0

This is from a different seller than the others that are being sold from Maverick Audio. Am i falling for a some sort of scam?

We've all heard of people getting great deals that seem too good to be true, so i'm having a hard time deciding if this is one of those amazing, right place at the right time deals, or too good to be true. Any insight into this matter would be very helpful.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
-db

No idea but I usually live by "if it sounds too good to be true..."

The buyer beware side of me says it's too good to be true and a scam of some sort. But then again, you never know.

Looks too good to be true

What would give me pause is the sellers feedback is built upon many 99 cent items. That's a red flag for me ... but that would be a guess, I have no idea.

"Looks too good to be true" .... :scratch2:

With all of the protections that ebay and paypal provide for buyers it seems like the actual risk is pretty damn low.

the seller's entire feedback is based on 99cent items. seems like the seller just started listing higher priced items. it could be that the account is hijacked. use caution. maybe contact the seller before buying.

after a second look, most likely something is fishy.

compared to other completed small price items, the listing format is totally different. i'm betting the account has been hijacked by crooks.:yes:

"bingbingshop*2012's PayPal account is unable to accept your payment at this time."

I think he only wants to sell to people in CHina and does not want to ship to the USA.

Thanks for all the help, folks! Kind of dissapointing, but not nearly as much as loosing $100. You guys are great.

-db

Huh, the seller dropped the price to $49. It says 3 have sold. While i'm still skeptical, i hope i'm not losing out on a killer deal. Why did I have to check on It today, i had totally put it out of mind yesterday.

-db

Huh, the seller dropped the price to $49. It says 3 have sold. While i'm still skeptical,

I wonder why????

Check this out. This is "new" right???

"Terms & Condition:

The item is sold on an "as is" basis, please ask all questions before bidding to avoid getting an item you are not satisfied with.

Returned item has to be new, unworn and in its original condition.

Item must be returned in its original and unused condition and Never mounted.

Open box merchandise is subject to a 30% Restocking fee."

Plus it's overseas??? Sounds like a $79.00 headache to me...

It'll cost you $79 to find out.

IMO, this has so many red flags, why you would even be tempted is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Huh, the seller dropped the price to $49. It says 3 have sold. While i'm still skeptical, i hope i'm not losing out on a killer deal. Why did I have to check on It today, i had totally put it out of mind yesterday.

-db

Sent from my SHV-E300S using Tapatalk

EBay has a money back guarantee... What risk? If the item is not as described you're covered... I just ordered one so I guess we'll find out... The seller had fixed the international shipping..

EBay has a money back guarantee... What risk? If the item is not as described you're covered... I just ordered one so I guess we'll find out... The seller had fixed the international shipping..

True, but if you've read any of the threads here on SNAD claims, they can get a bit dicey at times.

I hope yours works fine and you get what you expect, and not $49 worth of headaches...

Me too... But I've dealt with eBay in the past when it's come to seller fraud and they were very good... at 80 shipped the item seems worth risking to me.. There are pics online of the insides so I can compare what I get.. well we'll see, it's not a lot of money..

Ebay is tilted heavily in favor of the buyer. The paranoia here is unwarranted imo. It ain't hundreds folks.

The Maverick is an outdated dac at this point so the price doesn't surprise me albeit it still seems fishy. For that price you can get the Audioquest Dragonfly or Hifimediy dac which should easily outperform the Maverick. DACs are evolving every 6mos now, the Maverick is old news and not worth the hassle.

Hmmm. The ad is gone altogether now. Wonder if something was indeed fishy and ebay pulled it? It doesn't even show in "sold" listings.

Back
Top Bottom