New E-wave crossovers;

dread31

Addicted Member
Huge improvement from the design I used before which was pretty much generic. Stronger, tighter bass, ultra clear mids and shimmering highs.

I noticed, after I bought all of the parts and started assembling, that they are for the Dayton PA310 12" and I am running the PA380 15" in the parts express KD cabinet. (My eyesight sucks.) :rolleyes:

But it turned out awesome anyways. :D

The orange caps are Audyn Q4, the rest are all the Dayton Pecision Audio Grade 1% caps. I chose to go with the Audyn 100uf foil cap rather than the electrolytic specified, because, well.......that's just how I am. I like film caps. So sue me.

All coils Jantzen, save for the iron core which is an Erse 2.00mh.

The box came from Garden Ridge. I wanted something I could hide the L-Pad in, yet still have easy access. Plus, it looks really cool. Those were $10/ea., but they have a wide variety of boxes to choose from. There are some even fancier that cost almost twice as much if you want to spend it.

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 67
  • econowave x-oxer.jpg
    econowave x-oxer.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 34
Very cool! I think this thread is fine in this section.

So you're running a Dayton PA380 15" woofer, Selenium D220Ti 1" compression driver and Dayton H6512 waveguide?

Last edited:
Very cool! I think this thread is fine in this section.

So you're running a Dayton PA380 15" woofer, Selenium D220Ti 1" compression driver and Dayton H6512 waveguide?

Yes. There are more pictures here, on AK somewhere.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom