Listening room: installed acoustic panels

McBru6177

One Way or Another
Just added some acoustic panels and corner bass traps to my room. I've been meaning to do this for a while to help tame the reflections due to the imperfect room dimensions. While I could add a few more panels, the traps really help tame the bass (more punchy) and the wall panels catch the first reflections. I purchased the panels from a local small business and couldn't be happier. Easily the biggest "bang-for-your-buck tweak. The sound improvement is immediate and noticeable.

Listening position

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Next on my list is a better universal player since I have a small DVD-A/SACD collection. Likely another LP bin as well. Funny, when I re-entered the world of vinyl a few years ago, I assured my wife I would only buy a few dozen LPs just for the nostalgic experience. Now I am in the hundreds! Lucky for me the listening room is just for me. It's probably the smallest room in the house...but it's all mine.:music:

Nice! Its good to have a dedicated listening area. Hey, I have most of those albums too. I'll bet those treatments really helped the stereo image. Now you need one on the ceiling.

Truly an outstanding listening space, pieces, & vinyl!

Oscar & Stan is always a treat!
Enjoy those tunes!

Rome

Nice! Its good to have a dedicated listening area. Hey, I have most of those albums too. I'll bet those treatments really helped the stereo image. Now you need one on the ceiling.

Yes, the panels and bass traps work wonders. It's a tricky matter due to the small room size. I think the bass traps provide the biggest benefit.

Truly an outstanding listening space, pieces, & vinyl!

Oscar & Stan is always a treat!
Enjoy those tunes!

Rome

Thanks Rome. Btw, my 10-year old son walked into the room last night when I was playing that fine jazz album and, unprompted, said the music really does sound much better in the new room. Usually he is telling me to turn it down, even though the room is almost sound-proofed from the rest of the house. Perhaps he's destined to be a jazz fan. :scratch2:

Just added some acoustic panels and corner bass traps to my room. I've been meaning to do this for a while to help tame the reflections due to the imperfect room dimensions. While I could add a few more panels, the traps really help tame the bass (more punchy) and the wall panels catch the first reflections. I purchased the panels from a local small business and couldn't be happier. Easily the biggest "bang-for-your-buck tweak. The sound improvement is immediate and noticeable.

Once you do it it becomes oh-so obvious, doesn't it? Outstanding and congrats!

When you're ready to add a few more they need to go on the back wall as it's close enough to the listening position you're getting early reflections from there, as well.

And great looking room/rig. :yes:

- Michael

Very nice room treatment and excellent KEF's!

Bass trap advice taken:thmbsp:

Once you do it it becomes oh-so obvious, doesn't it? Outstanding and congrats!

When you're ready to add a few more they need to go on the back wall as it's close enough to the listening position you're getting early reflections from there, as well.

And great looking room/rig. :yes:

- Michael

Thanks. I was thinking about the rear wall as well. My only worry is that I make the room sound too dull, lifeless. But it's only two panels, plus the panel business provides a full refund within 2-weeks plus free delivery. Worth a try.

Very nice room treatment and excellent KEF's!

Bass trap advice taken:thmbsp:

The KEF 103.2 monitors just do everything right for my ears. Plus they are the perfect size for the room.

Great room! I'm in the process of taking over a spare bedroom and would like to do something like this. What is the construction process of the panels? Are there dyi plans avail. anywhere? Can't be that hard to build. Can it? Love the wall colors too. Nice job.

Mike

Love the room and all the music you have on the walls. I think I have everyone of them as well.

Looks like a great listening space! So, what are the room dimensions; it doesn't look like a standard type bedroom or the like. Was it s special room used for something else before?

Back
Top Bottom