Post your photography!!

"Buddhist Monk"

16360717510_3bc5bb674d_b.jpg

OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1, 45MM, F5.6, 1/100, ISO 1000

Love both cameras, although they're very different cameras in terms of color and tonality as well as overall user interface.

The Olympus is the faster camera in terms of AF and overall responsiveness but at the same time, there's something very endearing about shooting with the Fuji.

As for image quality, again very different in color, tonality and overall feel.

Nice shots Trhee. How are you liking the Fuji compared to the Oly?

"Walking Amongst The Dead"

16372589770_7aa443f7c8_b.jpg

FUJIFILM X100, 23MM, F2, 1/1000, ISO 200

The title may seem a bit confusing if one isn't familiar with the area. What appears to be a large hill or a small mountain is in fact a burial ground with literally thousands buried inside. This area alone has nearly 100 of these burial mounds, all of them similarly sized. Most of these burial mounds were used by Korean royalty, descendants and servants of the houses. Buried with the bodies were the personal treasures that were placed there so that the dead could take it with them in their afterlife. However, most of the treasures were looted by grave robbers although some of it was recovered and placed in museums as national artifacts.

Couldn't swear to the year, but definitely a Riviera.

It was a bit too customized for my tastes, but it was immaculate. It was the car featured on the news blurb about the show. The only one they focused on for more than just a panning shot.

I shot this this past weekend.... my daughter has been dancing all her life. (she is the one on the right) Last year or so I sold my Canon and bought a Nikon D7100.... -I am still not as comfortable with my Nikon as I was with the Canon (forgot the model) - there are a lot of new tricks on the Nikon that I have yet to learn... ( my own fault ).... anyways, I thought the picture was not half bad considering I had never seen the dance, and pictures were not allowed so I took this on the sly... lol ec

For a crop sensor camera, the 7100 has very decent higher ISO capability with minimal noise.

I think it looks pretty good to my eyes. That is a pretty difficult shooting situation. I've shot some musicals and some plays... that's about the toughest thing I've tackled. I'd suggest to try putting your lens in manual focus mode for sure and focusing on her before you want to take the shot. Then follow her with the camera already focused and try to time the shots where she's at the point in the air where she's about to change direction and come back to the floor.

I can look at your EXIF info so I can't see your exact settings (esp the ISO) but some Nikons do a little bit better at higher ISO settings if you stop down one megapixel setting. That is, use step smaller than the maximum setting. Not sure if the 7000/7100 is like that or not but maybe worth a try.

I'd also suggest if at all possible, partially rest the camera on the back of the seat in front of you if you can manage to sit behind an empty seat. Sort of a makeshift tripod/monopod.

Last suggestion would be to try forcing a slower shutter speed than the camera wants, either by seeing what the camera wants to use, then moving to shutter priority mode and using about three to five steps slower than that (one full stop or almost two stops) or dialing in somewhere between -1 and -1 2/3 exposure compensation. The image will be darker than expected, but sometimes brightening up a darker but clear image gives better results. It's easy enough to try.

And of course, take about 1,000 shots! :D

Forgive me if you know all this. I'm just throwing out some ideas for distant lower light settings.

What lens do you have, by the way?

Still looks pretty good. When you're some distance away like that, it definitely makes it a bit difficult.

Great photos, all.:thmbsp:
Here's one taken in the moment, with the closest thing at hand, my iPhone 5s.

attachment.php

Attachments

• iphone5 669.jpg
    iphone5 669.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 104
Humpback off Maui

Shot yesterday. Three humpbacks were just sitting under the boat and we couldn't move due to federal law about running engines within 100 meters of the whales.

Nikon D7100 with Sigma 17-70C at 26mm. ISO320, f/7.1, 1/200s

Attachments

• DSC_4117.jpg
    DSC_4117.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom