• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Register to hide this ad
Here's my offerings...
2235 receiver in a wood case
2010 receiver in a wood case
1070 integrated in a wood case
1060 integrated needs wood and needs work
104 tuner needs wood
8B tube amp - my daily driver :thmbsp:
 
Marantz 2325 receiver
Marantz 105 tuner
Marantz 1030 inegrated amp
Marantz 5010 cassette in formal attire! (Black):yes:
 
I've got a small collection, 2215b and a 2230. Both are mint and sound amazing.
I'd like to add a 2270 or 2275....Thanks for the Marantz forum...
 
I'm Stunned!!

Never thought it would happen, but here it is! A Marantz forum!! :banana: Did theblackknight actually bite someone's legs off? :D

I've owned and flipped more Marantz pieces than I can count, but these are my keepers at the moment:

4400 (w/SQA-2 & RC-4)
4300
5030
125
PMD430
PMD740
SD8000
250
2325
2265B
(okay, the last four are parts units!)
 
attachment.php


In honor of the new forum - here's a rundown of my Marantz. Sadly, none of it is currently in use for one reason or another.

Marantz 4400 - Someday very soon, I'll scan in an old picture that appeared in Billboard magazine of an employee jam at Dingleberry's in Centerville, Ohio. This particular receiver can be seen in the background. It still works well, with a couple of annoying faults. One channel of the phono is scratchy and intermittant - and I Deoxited the hell out of it. Also, one of the speaker grounds on the back doesn't work. It's minor stuff that I'd like to have a competent tech address when I finally get a complete overhaul done.

The quad receivers are much maligned, because any damned fool can see that bridging the amps for stereo is an inherently compromised design. The 4400 has two subtle things going for it. The first is that, to me, it sounds very fine, compromised design and all. The second is that the 3125 ain't gots no oscilloscope! Besides, I hope to someday only be using it as a preamp and tuner for the...

Marantz 510M - The big daddy Marantz power amp - deceptively heavy. This was my first Marantz, and really the piece that launched me into vintage audio as a hobby. It served duty with the 4400 at Dingleberry's, but was ultimately shelved with one almost-dead channel. I'd like to get it and the receiver serviced at the same time, if I can ever afford it.

Marantz 2220 - A foxy little receiver that hangs with a lot of comparable stuff I've seen or owned (H/K, Pioneer). Unfortunately, I think all these little ss receivers are outclassed in a lot of ways by a lot of higher wattage gear that had better transformers, better (more expensive) build quality, and of course more power. I keep thinking I'll keep it for a bedroom or office system, but truthfully, if it weren't so pretty, I'd probably have pawned it off on someone by now.

Marantz 5030 - I don't need a whole lot of tape deck, and this is one of the few Marantz made that halfway look like they match the rest of the line. It needs a belt. If anyone could point me in the right direction to acquire a belt, I'd be grateful.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 078.jpg
    Picture 078.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 3,325
Nice bunch of silver! Bob at Vintage Electronics can help you with a 5030 belt kit: http://www.vintage-electronics.cc/marantzkits.html

From my experience in working on several 4400s and one 510M, the 4400 is an easy fix. Freeze spray will quickly isolate that complaining transistor on your phono board, and speaker terminal connections are easily repaired... that is, after the hour or so it takes to get to them on that packed chassis, anyway!

The 510M is a bit trickier, and the Fairchild semis used in the output stages are now obsolete. I've had excellent luck with On Semi replacements though, and can provide the complement of subs I've used if your tech ends up scratching his head...
 
Back
Top Bottom