• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Altec Model 19s arrive home

ARguy

AR Collector
Here's a picture of the 19s I picked up today. I found them on a free posting site called "postaroo.com" and imagine my surprise when they were only $300 and only 15 minutes way! Drivers are 10/10 and sound just great. Cabinets are 8/10 and will some day get refinished. The grills are 9/10 and require a little cleaning but no holes present. Now I have the daunting task of changing my audio room around to get these suckers to fit. Another one crossed off the list...now I got to find a set of Model 9s! :banana:
 
Register to hide this ad
Exellent deal ARguy!! :thmbsp: $300.00 bucks for Altec 19's in that condition is just insane! That is what I call a score!

I thought I got a good deal on mine at $650.00 the pair. You did even better!
BTW....although I'm in Ohio, I found my Altec 19's in Wisconsin as well.

Gonna change your name to "Altecguy"? :D



Russ
 
For 300 bucks I would call that one hell of an excellent score and then some. I have always wanted a pair of those since I was teenager. Way to go ARguy :thmbsp:
 
Awesome!

ARman,
You scored in two ways,first the steal of a price and secondly you picked them up therefore avoiding the grief which is shipping.Well done.Please give us your impressions of your new speakers. :yes:
Oh,just a little tip from a happy Altec owner,they'll sound great with whatever you hook them up to,but they also repay handsomely every improvement you make upstream of them. :thmbsp:
 
Jealousy is a trait I avoid but I have to make a big exception with this deal!

WOW, I AM JEALOUS AS CAN BE!!!!!!

They look MARVELOUS!!!!

Good Luck with them.

Gary
 
Great score, I see the woofers were reconed, that had to cost him a couple C notes!! Dave. :yes:
 
nice score.....

what part of WISCONSIN? i LIVE IN wi also and LOVE 19s....Id like to check em out....Michael... :thmbsp:
 
wineslob said:
I donno, the WAF is looking low...............

I've got 19's and my wife likes the look of them more than anything else I've dragged in! She says they don't seem as big as they actually are. She still doesn't want them in the living room.
 
ARguy said:
Here's a picture of the 19s I picked up today. I found them on a free posting site called "postaroo.com" and imagine my surprise when they were only $300 and only 15 minutes way! Drivers are 10/10 and sound just great. Cabinets are 8/10 and will some day get refinished. The grills are 9/10 and require a little cleaning but no holes present. Now I have the daunting task of changing my audio room around to get these suckers to fit. Another one crossed off the list...now I got to find a set of Model 9s! :banana:

Congratulations, they've a reputation cast in sterling.

Nearly 20 years back I was offered a set gratis by someone moving cross-country. I knew not what was being offered & may have even been somewhat derisive about them during that fine, mid-20's "I know everything" stage. He ended up donating them to his church and they went behind the stage curtains in the gymnasium / auditorium of the school they ran. Probably still there today.

Good for you on your SCORE!

:thmbsp:
 
dgwojo said:
Great score, I see the woofers were reconed, that had to cost him a couple C notes!! Dave. :yes:

Dave you've got great eyes in seeing those are re-coned. :) I just thought they were original-mint!


Russ
 
Kyle,
Same here pal...first think out of the wife's mouth is where are you going to put them? read "not in the living room your not"...so the audio room needs to be adjusted a tad. Damn those puppies are big! The things we do for love...er hobbies...yea, that's what I meant to say!
 
Far Out Man!!...ArGuy what an absolutely amazing deal...I paid $500.00 just for my Altec Model 19 components and still had to get the crossovers made and am finally in the process of getting the wood priced,& cabinets built...You are going to really like those ...Enjoy Your Music...Kenny
 
Last edited:
RussinOhio said:
Dave you've got great eyes in seeing those are re-coned. :) I just thought they were original-mint!


Russ
Russ,
I'll go out on a limb here as I can't see the back of the cones for the cone number, but, I'll bet it's a # 035400 cone!! Dave. :yes:
 
Dave,
When I pull them to do an inspection I'll let you know. Since I don't know Altec that much is #035400 good or bad? Anything else I should be looking for?
Thanks,
Scott
 
ARguy said:
Dave,
When I pull them to do an inspection I'll let you know. Since I don't know Altec that much is #035400 good or bad? Anything else I should be looking for?
Thanks,
Scott
Hi Scott,
The 21184 cone followed by the 035400 are the best of the Altec cones for the 416 woofers IMHO, I'd see if the magnet structures are the same on the 416 woofers, some had the no magnet covers or a light-weight black metal cover (416-8A), others had the heavier textured structure (416-8B), both are fine but I'm a fanatic for matching. I'd make sure the horns don't rattle when put face down, if they do, the tangerine phase plugs have come loose inside the horn driver(s), that's very bad, but easy to repair with care. Good luck, enjoy these, Dave. :yes:
 
Back
Top Bottom