• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I need these like a hole in the head...

GD70

Lunatic Member
Stopped in a local S.A near work. Spotted these behind a stack of crap speakers. Early serial #'s, probably from 1968, cabs need a fair amount of work. I don't need these, right? Please tell me no!





 
Register to hide this ad
Yep....you definitely need em'. TOTL vintage KLH 2way; who doesn't need a pair? I have a pair sitting in a closet recapped and everything, but not in use....I still need them though:D
 
If I remember correctly, you are a big fan of the KLH Five and Six. The 23 has the best attributes of both...low end like the Fives, midrange clarity of the Sixes. I've owned all of the classic KLH speakers except the Twelves and the Nines (and I had a set of Twelves in the house for few days after restoring them for a client). The Fives, Sixes and 23's are the ones I've kept.
 
Here's why! No room! AR-2a's waiting to be restored, need to make a dedicated space for my JVC M-7050 amp and pre amp, probably where the Klipsch's are sitting now.
 
So this was all a ploy to justify posting pics of your speaker cache (again!)? You didn't need to go to all that trouble. We like looking at pics. :)
 
Now, that's a man-cave for ya! :D

Nice find there, GD!

I see potential for space, jus gotta dig it out! :D

Rome
 
You said that they were on your bucket list, so I think that you will be able to squeeze them in there somewhere. You didn't think that I would talk you out of picking them up, did you? Keep us posted.
 
:scratch2:

Surely you know someone who could use and appreciate those 23's. Maybe a buddy or family member you've thought might actually enjoy having a modest little rig for next to nothing.....well here's a chance to help 'em out. Or hook them up with a pair in that stack that you wouldn't mind seeing go away and replace 'em with the 23's. :yes:

That's too good a deal to not take advantage of and turn it into something good for another. Hell, even if you flip them and buy your wife something nice. Get creative.
 
Last edited:
Now you're just bragging:D

Not trying to brag at all. My modest pile is small compared to some of you guys!

I like the idea of fixing them, maybe moving something else to someone else to fit them, somewhere. Maybe a winter project. I'm thinking, the hole is getting bigger!
 
I've come to the conclusion that the sum total of the surviving HiFi gear on Earth will in time all come to be owned by the handful of people (such as myself) who take it upon themselves to rescue this gear which has been cast off. We will all own *at least* 50 pieces of stereo gear, and occasionally sell or trade some of it to the likewise afflicted, only to walk into a thrift store soon afterwards and find <fill in name of hifi gear here> for a price that's just too good to pass up.

It's a sickness I tell ya.
 
I've come to the conclusion that the sum total of the surviving HiFi gear on Earth will in time all come to be owned by the handful of people (such as myself) who take it upon themselves to rescue this gear which has been cast off. We will all own *at least* 50 pieces of stereo gear, and occasionally sell or trade some of it to the likewise afflicted, only to walk into a thrift store soon afterwards and find <fill in name of hifi gear here> for a price that's just too good to pass up.

It's a sickness I tell ya.

I couldn't have said it better myself!
 
Back
Top Bottom