Anyone in Denver interested in a meet?

Where's a good place for micro brew and food in Denver? Day 1 fun so far.

I would hit up Sam's #3 in Aurora for breakfast and be sure to get plenty of green chiles on whatever you order. 10 minutes away from the RMAF and be prepared to wait in line. Big portions of good grub to help soak up those CO suds.

Wish I could help you with the beer as there is a ton of it out here with new breweries opening all the time, but I am more of a whiskey fan when I drink.

Last edited:
that system is in the "Valve Amplification co" room on the second floor. The conference room is maroon peaks IIRC. Gordon Waters, one of our avid tube guys here on AK, is in that room helping out too.

I am going to try and go again tomorrow, if I can get my honey do list done quickly.

Hi everyone! I just registered here on AK thanks to Preston/PJSJR, he's been turning me to the dark side (vinyl that is..). I'm planning to be at the get together tomorrow so if you see a new face that's probably me.

Scott

Hi everyone! I just registered here on AK thanks to Preston/PJSJR, he's been turning me to the dark side (vinyl that is..). I'm planning to be at the get together tomorrow so if you see a new face that's probably me.

Scott

Welcome to the forum, Scott! Glad to see another member here in CO- happy postings.:thmbsp:

Thanks for the offer, my friend! I am not going to be able to make the AK jamboree due to my current schedule but will see you on Monday if all goes well.

Can't wait to see your collection.......... Love me those Yammies!

Last edited:
I was trying to pull together a trip to George's on Sunday. Unfortunately I will miss the festivities and visitation. My loss. Till next time my best to all. Glen

it was great to see everyone again. Sorry I showed up so late.
Extra thanks to George too!!!!!!!!
One of these times we will have to have a GTG where you do NOTHING!
thanks again,
mark

it was great to see everyone again. Sorry I showed up so late.

Definitely fun. Great listening to George's system, and for once it was a bunch of JBLs that weren't Shane's.:D

Extra thanks to George too!!!!!!!!
One of these times we will have to have a GTG where you do NOTHING!

...I think we'd have to tie him down to make that happen...

Yep, it sure was good to see and talk to everyone. George, I as told you, your system outshines your fine food...your food is always great but, that system is just spectacular. Thank you so much for doing this and all you do for the AKers in our area. Preston

George,
Thanks for hosting the GTG and for the yummy food.

However, I'm not thanking you for letting me listen to your system because now my system sounds like you know what in comparison.
May be in a few days it'll get adjusted. :D

It was great to meet the many familiar and few new faces.

Your welcome, it's always my pleasure to host or help at one of our events.

I have been beating myself over the head for 5 or 6 years trying to get a nice system nailed down without having to give up a kidney.

It was very gratifying to hear so many positive comments.

Thanks all.

george

Last edited:
Thanks again George! You're the best.

I'm very jelly and especially now that my 250Ti sound like ass.

;-)

Make sure you let Greg know that everyone enjoyed.

I would hit up Sam's #3 in Aurora for breakfast and be sure to get plenty of green chiles on whatever you order. 10 minutes away from the RMAF and be prepared to wait in line. Big portions of good grub to help soak up those CO suds.

Wish I could help you with the beer as there is a ton of it out here with new breweries opening all the time, but I am more of a whiskey fan when I drink.

Thanks. We ended up visiting Great Divide Brewing in Denver on Fri. Then Avery, Oskar Blues and Left Hand all in Longmont. I'm an Avery believer now. They have some of the greatest and offbeat brew I've ever seen.

Hope everyone enjoyed RMAF.
John

Sorry I missed this GTG :( Sounds like a great time was had by all

Same here. I was up to my eyebrows in boxes and crates, packing up after the show, unfortunately...

I did get to say hi to Jcricket, in any case- he came by our room with a little present for me. More details on what that little item might become, forthcoming at a later time... :scratch2: :D

Regards,
Gordon.

Hey guys, at the last meetup we talked about a swap meet that happens sometime in Jan or Feb. Any news on when that will be, and where?

Back
Top Bottom