Nice Kenwood KL-A900 350Watt speakers

If there is one thing I've learned over the years about speakers, it's this; just because they have big woofers and can handle 350 watts does NOT make them good speakers. I've owned a few pairs like that and have been very disappointed with the way they sound. One pair I've owned for instance, was a pair of Sansui SP-X9900's which were rated just about like these Kenwood's you're looking at, and when comparing them to just about any other speaker I own, they sounded like crapola. Those speakers are loooong gone now and I won't be buying any of the Japanese-Style Kabuki speakers anymore. This is just MY $.02

Retro

NO, they are not very good. Spend your money on a pair of Large Advents and you'd blow those worthless Kenwood speakers right out of the room.
Or choose your speaker, but there were only a few decent Kenwood speaker systems, and that one is not one of them.

Kl-a900 kenwood speakers

I own a pair of them and they certainly are the best speakers that I have ever owned. I have used them on my Fisher studio amp and on my kenwood KA-9100 and both handled them nicely. 'Am not sure of their value on the market but new they were about $1000.00 in Japan where I bought them in 1985. Powerful bass and the highs go way beyond what I can hear.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom