Ren 90 score

okeeteekid

Just nabbed a pair of oak ren 90's on the bay, the seller said they were his sons and they were never used, I know sounds too good to be true, he told me they look like new, they looked nice in the pics that he had of them, they were not pictured with the spiked feet but he told me he has them all and the original boxes for shipping, well will see, hope they make it here in one piece, I have the epsilons and have had the ren 90's in the past in black ash, to me the rens are 90% well maybe 87% lol of what the epsilons are, the rens are not quite as detailed and are warmer sounding, less soundstage and don't go as deep but I feel that they are more forgiving of what you put into them, in a smaller room I would be happy with the rens but in a larger room the epsilons really shine, I regretted selling my black ash ren 90's as they are a nice speaker for the price, can't wait to see what these babies look like, now where to put them lol

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 126
Looks like it might be a scam, before I placed any bids the seller told me the pics were of the actual speakers but I just found out... after paying for them that the pics he used for his ad are pics from infinity-classics.de web site, that's the bay for ya.

Last edited:
Hope it works out ok for you.
Maybe it will turn out fine.
Did you check out the sellers feedback?
Sometimes that is a good indicator of their way of business.

Hope it works out ok for you.
Maybe it will turn out fine.
Did you check out the sellers feedback?
Sometimes that is a good indicator of their way of business.
He just joined on the 27th, I took a chance, the bay gave me his phone # and when I called it says disconnected or no longer in use so I think it's a scam especially because he used another persons pics.

That sucks.
Hope you used paypal and/or credit card and they will reimburse you.

Ren 90s

It should work out fine for you. I doubt that he will get anything from Ebay until you clear it, given their guaranty, the price, and the fact that he was a new seller.
If these were the ones I was following the listing said Piano in it and showed oak speakers. The 3 day listing and free shipping were quit strange too for a seller trying to get a good price. I tried to contact him about this and got no reply. I'm sure that you already let eBay know of your concerns. Not receiving them as listed should make your case easy, although it will tie up your money for a while. Again, if this is the same listing I was following, I was sorely tempted to bid by a "what the hell" attitude engendered by the guaranty. Best wishes and let us know how it turns out.

Marc

It should work out fine for you. I doubt that he will get anything from Ebay until you clear it, given their guaranty, the price, and the fact that he was a new seller.
If these were the ones I was following the listing said Piano in it and showed oak speakers. The 3 day listing and free shipping were quit strange too for a seller trying to get a good price. I tried to contact him about this and got no reply. I'm sure that you already let eBay know of your concerns. Not receiving them as listed should make your case easy, although it will tie up your money for a while. Again, if this is the same listing I was following, I was sorely tempted to bid by a "what the hell" attitude engendered by the guaranty. Best wishes and let us know how it turns out.

Marc

Yes this is them, if you search for ren 90's on infinity-classics.de web site you will see the pics he used of them, right now Fedex has them, he agreed to get them back Monday and take some actual pics of the speakers and drivers for me since the speakers pictured were not his, he said he will give me a call later on today so well see, If the speakers look good in his pics I will get them if not as of right now the bay is working on a refund that should take 5 days but I guess I could call them and cancel if I like what I see in the guys pics.

If you're talking about #111497435406, I saw that and flags popped as I looked at it. No feedback, mismatched images and a poorly worded single sentence description. I put the auction in the watch list in curiosity for seeing how it turned out. Good luck to you, sir. :smoke:

Beware of this guy if you see him re-list his pair of oak/piano ren 90's on the bay, he promised he would give me a phone call Sunday nite and pics of the speakers on Monday but he never keeps his word, he keeps giving me excuses like he has weak service so he couldn't call me Lol, I'm starting to believe that the speakers don't even exist, this is by far the worst experience I have ever had on the bay in 7 years, I think I'm just going to get a refund, he is a new bay user/member so the money is frozen in his account till I leave him positive feeback, thank god for the buyer protection.

"Like new never used"? Ebayer since last week? Zero feedback? My assumption is that he's stalling while he tries to figure out how to get your $$$. I've been an eBayer for 16 years. The ONLY time I actually got scammed I witnessed the same stalling tactics from the so called seller and then he quickly disappeared. That was years ago and long before the "money back guarantee". I got burned. I would have already filed a claim. Alternatively, I'm about an hour's drive from Mocksville. Tell him I'll pick them up. See what he says.

"Like new never used"? Ebayer since last week? Zero feedback? My assumption is that he's stalling while he tries to figure out how to get your $$$. I've been an eBayer for 16 years. The ONLY time I actually got scammed I witnessed the same stalling tactics from the so called seller and then he quickly disappeared. That was years ago and long before the "money back guarantee". I got burned. I would have already filed a claim. Alternatively, I'm about an hour's drive from Mocksville. Tell him I'll pick them up. See what he says.

I requested his eBay contact info but when I tried to call him his phone # is no longer in use or disconnected, also his paypal email address comes back as a failure and says this user doesn't have a yahoo account, I told this to eBay but they don't seem to care that he lied to them about his contact info or that he also lied to paypal about it too and he lied about the pics he used to sell them as they are pics from infinity-classics.de web site, they keep telling me not to worry that I'm protected, I better be or I will be pissed.

Have you opened a case file against the seller? Do not delay too long as the seller may be trying to string you along until the time for opening a case expires.
This deal ain't gonna happen. Get out now.

Have you opened a case file against the seller? Do not delay too long as the seller may be trying to string you along until the time for opening a case expires.
This deal ain't gonna happen. Get out now.
Just opened one up today, I have to say that I don't like the way eBay treats their long time members, seems like they have no care at all that you could be getting scammed.

the name says it all "powtucke-jyqdwbzy7"

as dodgy as !!

What a bittersweet ending...from elation to frustration. If I were a betting man I'd be willing to wager that you'd still rather have those speakers than your dough back. All's well that ends well, though. Buyer beware! I have heard so many horror stories related to bad bay deals that I don't think I'll ever do it. Never say never, right?

Back
Top Bottom