Yamaha M-2 R channel out trouble - help needed

If I get a satisfactory response, I'll let you know. There's another AK'er looking for relays for his M-2 as well.

I'm also looking for relays for my M-2 as well. I will wait for an update before going for the substitutes. Thank you for the information.

Guess I got too caught up in the print to really read the rest of the posts. My fetish, sorry. Just love to discover some of the clever things others design through the prints, lol. Hope you use the power. I've noted how my amp and speakers change personalities through the various wattage stages. Love them best around 2 continuous with 40 peaks, but there are some cases where 20 cont and 400 peaks can drive me to dancing. As for the relays, I will be watching also. Have had to rewind or add resistors to get what I needed in the past.

Guess I got too caught up in the print to really read the rest of the posts. My fetish, sorry. Just love to discover some of the clever things others design through the prints, lol. Hope you use the power. I've noted how my amp and speakers change personalities through the various wattage stages. Love them best around 2 continuous with 40 peaks, but there are some cases where 20 cont and 400 peaks can drive me to dancing. As for the relays, I will be watching also. Have had to rewind or add resistors to get what I needed in the past.

My XPL-200A's just sound incredible with all that Yamaha power. I am biamped with another big Yammi driving the woofers, see signature. I am not sure what these are rated at for 6 ohms, but I estimate I have about 1200 watts total from both amps. :D The M-2 runs cool at low volumes, and even at high volumes on that load, it never gets very hot.

So, Brutal, what happened to your search for the relay ? Back to 2005 I bought a
M-2 with R channel gone. I replaced just about all transistors and fuse resistors and diodes and it worked all right till recently. The left channel would work for ten to twenty minutes and became weak and then shut off by itself. I've re-adjusted idle current,dc balance and all that but the problem continues. So it seemed something is wrong on the speaker relay. I am glad that I've found this forum but wonder what happened to your search for a replacement to that relay.

I would hate to see the M-2 go for it's a solid build and decent sounding amp. Don't see these from Yamaha any more.I might proceed to clean up the contacts in the relay but a longer term solution should be a replacement for that unit. Any help from members of this forum would be very much appreciated.

So, Brutal, what happened to your search for the relay ? Back to 2005 I bought a
M-2 with R channel gone. I replaced just about all transistors and fuse resistors and diodes and it worked all right till recently. The left channel would work for ten to twenty minutes and became weak and then shut off by itself. I've re-adjusted idle current,dc balance and all that but the problem continues. So it seemed something is wrong on the speaker relay. I am glad that I've found this forum but wonder what happened to your search for a replacement to that relay.

I would hate to see the M-2 go for it's a solid build and decent sounding amp. Don't see these from Yamaha any more.I might proceed to clean up the contacts in the relay but a longer term solution should be a replacement for that unit. Any help from members of this forum would be very much appreciated.

http://www.onlinecomponents.com/omron-industrial-my2-02-dc12.html?p=38193919

Thanks Dr Ear and Avionic for the information. That's a very good news to me for I've contacted Yamaha Canada and some local repair shops and they don't even care to return my calls/emails. I'll contact Farnell first for their units have higher current rating, although, at a higher price point. Thanks again folks.You have a good day.

Thats great news for relays for the M2 M4. Now if we can find a drop in replacement wafers for the C4. :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom