Yamaha CD player with wood sides?

Looking at photos available online of the innards reveals no vacuum tube (not that I expected to find one!) As to the Montgomery Wards labels, I'm more inclined to think the original owner put those on there so no one would want to steal the thing, as if the wood wasn't enough of a deterrent.

The sides look nicely done, if not a tad long, but that faceplate cover has to be a cruel joke.

I'd bet money it's not. I truly don't think Monkey Wards ever rebranded anything worthwhile to their house label. Seriously. I think someone with a sense of humor put that thing together.

I call B.S. on this one... M/W wasn't know for quality... Back in 83/84, I remember seeing one of their Betamax VCRs, which was a re-badged Sanyo model, along with a re-badged RCA CED disc player.

To be honest, I think the only thing M/W offered that made me think twice about was a re-badged Technics CD player, on sale, and that was 1986.

Definitely non-standard, looks to have been "lampizator'd"

$(KGrHqVHJEoFCd2-fY)NBQpnIq0j9Q~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqZHJEUFC,!SnSuQBQpnIpQPsQ~~60_3.JPG

Did any of you pick this up? I'm curious what the tube mods do to the SQ. Besides not needing another CD player, I thought the wood additions made it look a little too 'different' for me to consider pulling the trigger myself.

Back
Top Bottom