Help with CR-2020 bulb replacement

Electone

I just received some replacement bulbs for my CR-2020. All 5 bulbs were out when I bought it. I just opened it up and put the multi meter up to the posts and there is no voltage on the posts that supply power to the power meters / tuner signal meter lamps. I tested a new bulb on the posts and it does not light. But, the tuner dial lamp posts do have voltage and the new bulb lights up fine when I tested it.

So, I have a problem with whatever supplies power to the meter bulbs. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks

I just received some replacement bulbs for my CR-2020. All 5 bulbs were out when I bought it. I just opened it up and put the multi meter up to the posts and there is no voltage on the posts that supply power to the power meters / tuner signal meter lamps. I tested a new bulb on the posts and it does not light. But, the tuner dial lamp posts do have voltage and the new bulb lights up fine when I tested it.

So, I have a problem with whatever supplies power to the meter bulbs. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks

Replace all bulbs that are not lit up.They are wired in series-parallel.So like christmas light strings ,if one bulb is bad ,none will light up.

While changing out the dial indicator bulb, I noticed that the tuner string had a knot in it indicating that it probably snapped at some point and instead of changing it out, the previous owner just tied it back together. Well, it promptly snapped right at the knot (which was right at the tuning dial) :sigh:.
This is something that I do not want to repair myself, so into the shop it goes for a full string replacment and while it's there, I'll have them properly align the tuner and give the receiver a full once over.

BTW, the new lamps look great. Thanks to dgwojo.

Back
Top Bottom