Pioneer rt909 help

nikonf8

I bought a pioneer RT 909 about 10 years ago it was in the original box when i received it the rubber rollers were like tar. I bought a set fro pioneer they had just ran off a batch i never got around to changing the rollers . Last night i decided to look into it and try to get it running i changed the rollers this was a no brainer. I then webbed it up and it would not play the tape. I figured the belt was gone. I removed the top cover looked down and the belt was broken and it was stuck to the fly wheels not sure if that is what they are called, i checked on line on how to remove the m and proceeded to remove the four screes that hold the plate with the motor assembly on it i cleaned away all the tar like substance which the belt had turned to wrapped the belt around the two fly wheels put the plate back in with the motor roller pushing down on the top of the belt i figured this is how it has to go. I tightened up the plate and gave it a try. Its making like a rubbing sound i also noticed that the fly wheels have a good amount of play front to back meaning standing behind the recorder you can grab the wheel and move it back and forth its at least a quarter inch or so. Some thing is diffidently wrong can some one help me i would truly appreciate it thank you

You may have lost the ball bearings when you removed that plate with the motor on it. You need the service manual before you do anything with these machines . Here's the link or you get in the Solid State forum. http://akdatabase.com/AKview/

Back
Top Bottom