Your favorite snack treat, unique to you.

cubdog

banging through drywall
I think many people have a snack that they have sort of invented for themselves. I have had a few of them over the years. My favorite and the one I indulge in most often is this.

Reduced fat Wheat Thins, or regular
Orange Blossom Honey or whatever is your favorite
Peanut Butter, again whatever you prefer.

Simply spread a dab, big or small, of PB on the cracker then drizzle a fair amount of honey on top.

Sweet, salty, creamy and crunchy. Doesn't get much better. :thmbsp:

So what snacks have you invented? Don't keep our taste buds waiting!

cubdog

Fry raw almonds in olive oil till brown flip several times - do not burn - drain on paper towels and while still hot sprinkle on your favorite seasoning. It can be sea salt, spicy seasonings e.g. Cajon - let cool. It stores well in a plastic storage container and does not get soggy.

Stuffing Dogs!

Stove top stuffing, mixed a bit wet, and throw in an egg as a binding agent. Form it into buns, then press a hot dog down into it. Cover the dog with BACON! I make trays out of aluminum foil to keep things tidy. Oven heat till brown and chow down.

(I just knew BACON! would make it into this thread.) <G>

I just miss Doo Dads. Man, that was my favorite of all time and they took it off the market. Many memories of those being in our motel room when on vacation when I was a kid.

Where are all the creative junk food fanatics? Where are all the creative and healthy snack food fanatics? I need some new ideas. :yes:

When I was in HS I used to take lemon cake, scrap off the frosting, place into a glass, then top with orange juice and eat with a spoon. Sound a little crazy but tastes pretty good.

cubdog

Before my heart surgery:

My late aunt used to fix something that is 100% guaranteed to clog your arteries.

Take a flour tortilla, lightly butter it, then spread on a layer of peanut butter. Generously sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, then drizzle with light Karo syrup. Roll up like a jellyroll, pop in the oven, and heat until the peanut butter starts to run out the end.

Since the heart surgery:

Before dinner I have two sticks of celery and carrots with a dip made of salsa, ketchup, mustard, and diet ranch dressing. For dessert, it's a handful of almonds that were lightly oven roasted (plain), then frozen, with a few dried apricots.

small slices of italian bread, or baguette, spread thin with mayo, top with anchovies, in the broiler 'til bubbly.

Reduced fat Wheat Thins, or regular
Orange Blossom Honey or whatever is your favorite
Peanut Butter, again whatever you prefer.

I do this one as well substituting Keebler Town House Crackers for the Wheat Thins. I'll give the Wheat Thins a try too since I like them.

Here's one I like. Flour tortilla, sliced pear, and gruyere cheese.
Toss the tortilla in a non stick pan over low-medium heat. Toss on some thin sliced pear, top with cheese. Cook slow until cheese is melted. It might take a few tries but this is really good when the tortilla is firm and slightly crunchy, the pear is warm, and the cheese is melted :thmbsp:. Damn, wish I had some gruyere cheese.

Here's one I like. Flour tortilla, sliced pear, and gruyere cheese.
Toss the tortilla in a non stick pan over low-medium heat. Toss on some thin sliced pear, top with cheese. Cook slow until cheese is melted. It might take a few tries but this is really good when the tortilla is firm and slightly crunchy, the pear is warm, and the cheese is melted :thmbsp:. Damn, wish I had some gruyere cheese.

Not completely unlike one of my favorites from California Pizza Kitchen, the Pear and Gorgonzola.

Well, I like lots of snacks and it shows, but am struggling to think of one I'd call uniquely mine.

I have a special weakness for sour cream. If there isn't anything to put it on or dip into it (which is an infrequent situation) a spoon will do just fine. :)

Bag of salted peanuts in a bottle of ice cold coke.
Toasted tortilla with butter and garlic salt.

Here's one I come up with after the hypertension diagnosis.

Take a teaspoon of peanut butter, I use the all natural kind, and dip it in a bag of UNSALTED sunflower seeds (shelled, of course).

These are rich in magnesium, good for blood pressure, and it makes a very tasty snack. Yes, lots of fats, but these are the good fats that we need.

I take proper, unadulterated yogurt, spoon it into a pre chilled in freezer, larger coffee cup, put a drop or two of proper vanilla extract in it, and stir well. Then I take a tablespoon (or two) of Colorado high mountain wildflower raw honey which I buy at http://www.honeyvillecolorado.com/, and fold it into the mix in strands, which remain suspended in the yogurt. I very sparsely sprinkle the top with coarse sea salt, pop it into the freezer until it becomes slushy in texture. The honey will become almost like taffy, but instantly begins to soften and bloom in flavor when it hits your tongue. Intensely flavorful and refreshing every time.

Back
Top Bottom