Monarch SP-80C Speaker Info Sought

c-atle-79bay

I"m a sucker for these old speakers, no info, low watts. But they are always so cool to look at. But can also be just meh for sound.

Anyone know anything about these guys? On that site right now and avialbe for local pickup in the Seattle area from goodwill. Should be enough for someone else to find them. :)

Attachments

• mon1.jpg
    mon1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 61
  • mon2.jpg
    mon2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 56
I"m a sucker for these old speakers, no info, low watts. But they are always so cool to look at. But can also be just meh for sound.

Anyone know anything about these guys? On that site right now and avialbe for local pickup in the Seattle area from goodwill. Should be enough for someone else to find them. :)

Hi there I hope I'm not too late to help you. I used to have a pair of those back in the mid seventies. They are cheap and cheap sounding. They look more sophisticated than they sound actually. It is a two way bass reflex design with paper cone tweeter and woofer. I improved my version of them by turning them into a closed box (the stiff paper cone woofer does not really need reflex tuning) by mounting an extra tweeter (Philips AD0160 T8) over the reflex opening. They never sounded very exciting though. I paid something like 85 Euro's for them. Nice to see a picture of them though, thanks for that :)

Back
Top Bottom