Lets see all them Amplifiers!

Just found this kick-around combo for dirt. It plays a lot bigger than it is. I think the aluminum cone should be about bullet-proof. It's the first Hartke I've had, and the reviews seem mostly positive for what it is:

HartkeHS1200.jpg

Reactions: YY1
Cool little bass amp, might be great for recording since it can be mic'd and also has a direct out. Congrats, nice score! :thmbsp:

My little Rumble 15 with new ports to bring out the lows. Poor thing still can't leave the house though ...

Here is a 1950 Voice of Music I got for my wife to play her harps through. One of the pots dates back to 1949.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Roland JC-120 (1989)

This thing sounds amazing. Simply a kickass solid state amp. This is my most recent acquisition. I haven't even had it for 24 hours yet. My friend bought this at a garage sale years ago when he tried playing guitar, and I've wanted to buy it off of him for the past few years. Seeing Emily Kokal playing through one live multiple times this year just made me want it even more. He's in the process of moving into his first house and decided he's never going to use it, so it's finally mine.
Took this pic after maxing out all the knobs and playing with the chorus just for laughs. I'm going to have fun playing around with it and dialing it in to what I like. I already know I definitely like the sound of a balanced clean channel on it.

ZE3U4V4.jpg

JMF Spectra 80 (Early '80s)

Works great as a little practice amp, or can be used like a distortion pedal by running the line out into another amp. Just crank the volume knob and only give a little on the master volume knob. I dig the sound I can get out of the JC-120 by having the Tele's Duncan Hot Rails go through this.

eBdjkD3.jpg

Fender M-80 (1992)

Great clean channel. Distortion channel is a bit odd, yet appealing to me because of it. I saw it described as "cheesy" once in a review, and that's kind of accurate. When I bought it, it had some random replacement speaker in it. I swapped that out for an Eminence one from a Hot Rod Deluxe. The first non-practice amp I owned was a 1990 M-80 with gray fabric.

rEYgPlb.jpg

Crate G120C XL (Late '80s/Early '90s)

This needs to go under the knife. It sounded nice when it worked, but it's having issues with sound cutting out that I don't think are just a Deoxit fix. When working, it's similar to the JC-120, but not as good.

epr0ToD.jpg

Last edited:
2 amps in one week, I must be living right!!
First, for giggles, a Roland Cube 40GX to ease my back pain.
Second, I built this custom cabinet for a 5E3 clone for a friend, and since he isn't using it at all, decided to let me be the 'caretaker' for a while. It now has a Weber Alnico Blue rather than the Scumback, but sounds incredible!

Lots of goodies here, I have let a few go over the years, as I settle for just playing for fun and with friends now. I have a few left that I seldom use now.
Yamaha G50 - 112
-155531705306549060.jpg

Line 6 - Lowdown Studio 110
lg_studio110.jpg

Tubeworks
180298439610-2.jpg

So those sit a lot, except the bass amp, which gets some playtime. I just recently found something that has really captured my ears, and it's modern techno toy, made by Yamaha, but man, it's the best thing ever. It's about the size of a small tackle box, it's glows, and has golden tone, and can be used in a variety of ways, great little thing!
maxresdefault.jpg

My old Framus Cobra halfstack and my 100lb Peavey 6505 2x12 combo. Both are all tube. The Framus runs EL34s and 5 12AX7's and the Peavey runs 6L6GC's w/ 5 12AX7s

2010_0525Image0001.jpg

Another pic of the Peavey w/ a Dean 30th Anniversary Black Gold ML

bgzw6505.jpg

Marshall JCM2000DSL w/ my korina Dean V

DSLwithKorinaV.jpg

Framus. Wow, flash from the past. Always wanted a Framus Nashville guitar. Never seen a Framus amp though. Very cool.

Nice thread. I just went thru it for the first time.

That Sunn Head Unit in the opening post is what I had coupled with an SVT cabinet (8-10" speakers) to play my old fret-less Rickenbacker thru.

Nice thread. I just went thru it for the first time.

That Sunn Head Unit in the opening post is what I had coupled with an SVT cabinet (8-10" speakers) to play my old fret-less Rickenbacker thru.

Yeah, there's something unique about the voicing of the old Sunn amps from the late-60s. Of course, they're basically a Dynaco Mk. III with a 12AX7 added for gain. John Entwhistle's bass sound is very easy to achieve with these heads...I wonder why :scratch2:

A couple of my newest:

1959 Supro. I haven't been able to figure out the exact model but the serial# would put the year of manufacture at 1959. The Airline is a model 9003.

Both sound great!

RC

sweet little Supro Ron.... If it's 6V6, you know I'll be over to take it home for a while. ;)

I'll get a shot of my Savage Macht 6 up this weekend.... promise.

Back
Top Bottom