No NFL thread for this season yet ?

Dammit, Miami was on such a roll.

This Rams/Cardinals game is interesting. After a lousy start, and a drubbing at the hands of the Chiefs and the officials, the Rams are playing some decent football for the first time in quite a while.

It's not like Miami wasn't warned ... ain't NO lead safe in the fourth against Detroit!

Getting ready to root for Chicago tonight ...

(I feel so dirty) :D

~~~

Just sat through the first half ... that had to be really embarrassing for da Bears.

(and trust me, as a long time Detroit fan, I KNOW embarrassing ...)

Fun stat I just heard: This is the worst half da Bears have EVER played in their 95 year history.

Last edited:
It's not like Miami wasn't warned ... ain't NO lead safe in the fourth against Detroit!

Getting ready to root for Chicago tonight ...

(I feel so dirty) :D

I had the same feeling. . :yes:
I was thinking that at different times this year I've hoped for Green Bay,New Orleans and Chicago to win. . . :sigh:...it's unnerving.

:smoke:

BTW..........55-14 ? . . too bad I don't like Aaron Rodgers other wise I'd give him a ....:ntwrthy:

Last edited:
24 Lions
13 Cardinals

Lions go to 8-2, with the best record in the NFL.
Next week, a preview of Super Bowl XLIX.

Oh, and yes ... Detroit actually makes a field goal!! :banana: :D

The wife got us tickets to today's 'skins game, neither one of us had been to FedEx field. We got wined and dined in one of the suites, didn't shiver or spend a dime. The mighty Redskins managed to lose what should have been a go ahead win. It was fun, anyway!

24 Lions
13 Cardinals

Lions go to 8-2, with the best record in the NFL.
Next week, a preview of Super Bowl XLIX.

Oh, and yes ... Detroit actually makes a field goal!! :banana: :D

"In the jungle,
the mighty jungle,
The.........

"In the jungle,
the mighty jungle,
The.........

You're aware that all Lions fans are delusional ... I'm back on my meds now. :D

Was the Cardinal defense that good, or was the Lions offense that ... offensive?

But wait ... I see what the Cardiac Cats are up to ... :scratch2: They're planning to stay head to head with Green Bay till the last game of the season, and THEN grab the division crown ... devious!

both My teams did well! KC Knocked it out of the park if you overlook my obvious pun. ans the poor old BUCS manage a win!

You're aware that all Lions fans are delusional ... I'm back on my meds now. :D

This Lions fan isn't delusional...just loyal.
I didn't expect them to win that game.I sure was hoping they would but it doesn't surprise me that they lost.
They won the last 4 in a row and in my opinion Stafford hasn't looked right since week one.I think he's been playing injured.
:smoke:

Was the Cardinal defense that good, or was the Lions offense that ... offensive?

Combination of both.

Our almighty defense looked horrible in the first quarter and Arizona took advantage of it.
We lost the game mostly because Mat Stafford couldn't put together a decent drive.
Once our defense woke up Arizona never scored another point.
3 quarters of football without so much as a field goal.
Our D allowed an average of 16 points a game for the first 9 games and what did they allow yesterday ?......14.
It was all on our offense for three quarters and they couldn't get it done plain and simple.
I dislike the way the game is being reported.Pointing out Staffords one interception and ignoring the fact that Stanton was picked off twice.
Typical from the Lions haters though,you'd think I'd be used to it by now. . :sigh:
I won't bother to address the officiating. . :smoke:

BTW..........55-14 ? . . too bad I don't like Aaron Rodgers other wise I'd give him a ....:ntwrthy:

Another crappy day at the office....

53-20...:D

108 points in two games ! . :jawdrop:
I really don't like Aaron Rodgers but he does deserve some respect after those two performances !
Here goes....:ntwrthy:....:ntwrthy: .
images

He gets the second . :ntwrthy: . for opening a can of woop-ass on duh bears.

Last edited:
Miami won on Thursday and the Rams thoroughly embarrassed the Broncos, even with the officials trying to screw things up for the Rams.

I won't bother to address the officiating. . :smoke:

WE WUZ ROBBED!!

(There ... I feel better now) :D

The officials do tend to trot out the small print when it comes to Lions games. We all remember the infamous "process" thing with Megatron's CATCH against da Bears. Not sure if this latest "return coverage possession" thing is even worse. The NFL does stand behind the call, even though it's got to be one of the most obscure interpretations of rules in the history of the game.

In case you missed it, Cardinals kick coverage "caught" the ball on the one yard line, tossed it to a team mate, who f'uped the catch, which Lions then picked up and returned. First down near midfield! But wait ... Challenge flag, and the call was overturned, saying the first Cardinal "possessed" the ball, ruling it dead, Lions ball at the one yard line.

Even Mike Pereira called bullsh!t! on that one. (grumble)

~~~

Speaking of haters, the talking heads are already saying that Green Bay is a done deal for topping the division now. Couple weeks back, all Detroit had to do was win two of three against Miami, Arizona, and New England. Then again, couple months back they were sticking a fork in Green Bay.

We ain't dead yet!

It's been over a year since the Raiders have won a game, and they're up on the Chiefs 14 - zip in the first quarter.

You think maybe............................?:scratch2:

Here's an interesting development. New York Jets vs Buffalo Bills has been moved to Ford Field in Detroit for MNF.

Can't imagine why ... some rule says they can't play in snowshoes? <G>

snowweb21s-3-web.jpg

Last I heard, something like 70 inches in the last couple days, and it ain't done yet.

Back
Top Bottom