RT 701/701 in BLACK?

Interesting to see in miner's pic that although the faceplate is black, the headblock cover is still silver. Seems inconsistent visually, somehow.

Probably original...but $1200? I paid half that for an Otari MX-50 in mint condition.

It's all about the labor associated with customizing these machines. Not for everybody (not for me - I like stock OEM), but I believe that there are two sources of these - J-Corder and Twinimage. Twinimage usually has one on Ebay and J-Corder is via their own website.

Interesting to see in miner's pic that although the faceplate is black, the headblock cover is still silver. Seems inconsistent visually, somehow.

It was a J-corder offering. Plays/recs very well. Biased for current ATR tape.

Not to be judgmental.....
A silver one can be bought for $200 or less.....
You would have to be very fond of black equipment to pay a thousand more.

got one sittin

It s no longer in the wall. Its all there, and it works near flawlessly. Could be for sale. Sorry for the poor quality PICs. Couldnt get camera to upload to computer. Jim

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 36
Turning them black wouldn't actually be that difficult to do except for supply/demand. The most black decks they could supply would be however many silver ones they could buy in the first place and that would be in the 10s. Therefore, high resale prices.

Back
Top Bottom