Vinyl Sale for the Friends of the Palo Alto Library

Cool_Manchu

Time to play B-sides...
Hey AKers,

Thought I would post about an upcoming event in the Bay Area that I heard about. It's the Vinyl Sale for the Friends of the Palo Alto Library.

Lots of local folks have donated vinyl collections and the proceeds will be going to help out local libraries, which in my opinion is always a great cause.

It will be held at 165 Moffett Blvd, Mountain View, CA 94043 on Saturday Feb 11th, 2012 11am - 4pm

If you want a reminder, you can Facebook the event here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/261630167227853/

I hope to see you all there, about 30 minutes after I show up and get a head start. :)

I'm involved in the hosting of this sale and the guy from FOPAL claims to have about 20 crates of vinyl they want to sell so I think they'll be a little bit of everything on offer.

Just wanted to give this a bump in the hope that more bay area folks can make it along . . it would be great to meet some of the AK community there. Also we've had a couple of folks contact the store about donating more vinyl for the cause so it looks like we'll have 22+ boxes to pick through!

Cool . . . i'm looking forward to putting faces to some of the names from here. I'll be the Brit called 'Jez' rushing around :)

Just wanted to give this a final bump prior to the weekend - any AKers please introduce yourselves if you make it along

Are you guys going to be there earlier? The surf is going off and I want to get some of that in the afternoon.

Sorry . . . doors won't open earlier than 11am if that's what you are asking. I have to get in from the city and them help the charity and ClearAudio/Musical Surroundings folks get set up before we start letting people in.

Hey Jez,

Nice meeting you. Audio High has a very nice shop with some very cool gear. Especially the turntables from Clear Audio.

The record sale was like a feeding frenzy! I listened to the gear while the crowd thinned out a bit. And still pick up some nice records. My favorite so far is The Leopard Set - Tribal. Bookish. Still sealed for $2! The Clear Audio Rep played it on their system. Wow! I also pick up a couple of Stan Get, Monk, Uriah Heep, Be-Bop Delux, Steeleye Span, Cheap Trick. I think the whole Steeleye Span collection in excellent condition was there.

There was some cool stuff left behind, like the VG+++ Doors in mono. I should've grab the 5 record set with couple signed by the Preservation Hall Jazz Band. I also stopped at the book sale and picked up some cool CDs too. Cure, Stereolab, Patti Smith, Morcheeba, Oakenfold, David Darling, Groove Armanda and Joe Satriani.

I ended up not going surfing because of the stormy weather. But I'm home listening to a lot of cool new music.

Let us know about the next sale. Thanks!
Carl

Last edited:
Great to see OnePixel there and I believe the folks from the charity raised around $2000 so they were VERY happy.

You were right about feeding frenzy - I had my eye on a few things but by the time I could get near the records they were loooooong gone ;-)

Judging by the success of the event it seems highly likely we'll do it all again in a few months when they have had a chance to build up some more interesting stock.

Best part from my point of view is we get to hang on to a couple of the higher end Clear Audio tables and a prototype Fosgate headphone for a couple of weeks so maybe I'll actually get a chance to check them out now the dust has settled.

Hey AKers,

Thought I would post about an upcoming event in the Bay Area that I heard about. It's the Vinyl Sale for the Friends of the Palo Alto Library.

Lots of local folks have donated vinyl collections and the proceeds will be going to help out local libraries, which in my opinion is always a great cause.

It will be held at 165 Moffett Blvd, Mountain View, CA 94043 on Saturday Feb 11th, 2012 11am - 4pm

If you want a reminder, you can Facebook the event here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/261630167227853/

I hope to see you all there, about 30 minutes after I show up and get a head start. :)

Kudos for helping promote a good cause, I've gotta get out more:D I'm getting a little dusty hanging out in the Tube Forum, I would've sent my older brother over from the Lexington Reservoir area. He eats vinyl not to mention books by the foot at these library sales. :D

Great to see OnePixel there and I believe the folks from the charity raised around $2000 so they were VERY happy.

You were right about feeding frenzy - I had my eye on a few things but by the time I could get near the records they were loooooong gone ;-)

Judging by the success of the event it seems highly likely we'll do it all again in a few months when they have had a chance to build up some more interesting stock.

Best part from my point of view is we get to hang on to a couple of the higher end Clear Audio tables and a prototype Fosgate headphone for a couple of weeks so maybe I'll actually get a chance to check them out now the dust has settled.

Keep us posted as to future ones, Jez. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom