Long Overdue AK Fest / Console Funeral Pyre at Markus' in January

markus

Master Procrastinator
OK Guys - IT'S TIME . . . .

my weekends are free again (WOO HOO!), and I'd like to plan a day for all you AK Freaks to come out to the boonies for a day of food, audio geekery, and a good ol' console funeral pyre :D

I'm thinking 2nd or 3rd Saturday of January 2012

I'll have my humongous RCA MI 9359's singing in stereo by then , and a good selection of tube amps to listen to. My KLH 12's should be recapped by then too . . .

feel free to bring your gear, friends, and food !

what weekend works best for you guys ?

Oh boy this is going to be a great time!!!!:beerchug:

I know i have sumthin for the fire around here somewheres.

If nothing comes up, I should be more than up for it! Might even have something to add to the pile... :scratch2:
-Adam

Too bad its in The People's Republic of Taxachussetts, & they won't allow me to bring my Singular 9MM Israeli noisemaker up there...Too far, anyway, though...(grimace)

Too bad its in The People's Republic of Taxachussetts, & they won't allow me to bring my Singular 9MM Israeli noisemaker up there...Too far, anyway, though...(grimace)

meh - we're in the boonies - I doubt Barney Fife would notice :D

Riiiiiiiiight... Markus is indeed in a town in the midst of the boonies... but he's in the middle (OK, almost) of the freaking town! :-O

My favorite thing about the road to Markus' house is the telephone pole in the middle of the street at the intersection. Hard to miss (both the street, and the pole)!

Riiiiiiiiight... Markus is indeed in a town in the midst of the boonies... but he's in the middle (OK, almost) of the freaking town! :-O

My favorite thing about the road to Markus' house is the telephone pole in the middle of the street at the intersection. Hard to miss (both the street, and the pole)!

that's a redneck roundabout :lmao:

I STILL think it would be Big, Jolly fun to get a bunch of Infantile, Demented Like-Minded Sickos 'n' make ourselves a Trebuche'...An' then have Flaming Console Flambe'...Would the old POS Motorola fly further than the equaly POS & equally old RCA would ?!? Mbwahahahahaha...

I STILL think it would be Big, Jolly fun to get a bunch of Infantile, Demented Like-Minded Sickos 'n' make ourselves a Trebuche'...An' then have Flaming Console Flambe'...Would the old POS Motorola fly further than the equaly POS & equally old RCA would ?!? Mbwahahahahaha...

HEH HEH . . . I think the consoles from the 40's are more aerodynamic than the 50's and 60's (too square !)

there's only one way to be sure . . . hmmm . .. I do have a friend that made a scale model of a Trebuche . . . January is short notice, but I'm sure he could scale it up :scratch2:

Yeah, the Forties had all that streamlined Art Gekko stufff.....Prolly makes a neat whistlin' noise as it flies thru the air..."Pshoooooooooonnnn...KE-RASH !!" Mbwahahahahahaha...Its just too damn bad I'm so far away...You Damyankees ain't never partied w/a Deranged, Psychotic Redneck, I'd wager... I'd load up The Mighty Valdez w/all the Shine I could get, a BUNCH of ammo for me widdle Isreali friend, & steam on up I-95...

Yeah, the Forties had all that streamlined Art Gekko stufff.....Prolly makes a neat whistlin' noise as it flies thru the air..."Pshoooooooooonnnn...KE-RASH !!" Mbwahahahahahaha...Its just too damn bad I'm so far away...You Damyankees ain't never partied w/a Deranged, Psychotic Redneck, I'd wager... I'd load up The Mighty Valdez w/all the Shine I could get, a BUNCH of ammo for me widdle Isreali friend, & steam on up I-95...

Bet you're right, Sandy... probably sounds just like a harmonica in flight...

... now ...

Far away, eh, Sandy? (Mark now enters Perry Mason mode)

Is it not true, Mr. G, that your wife has relatives in New England?

Do you not, Mr. G, own an automobile that is a) the size of New England and b) equipped with four wheel drive?

And is it not true, Mr. G, that your family's other vehicle, which is of a convenient size to fit on the aforesaid first vehicle's roof rack or inside its cargo bay, also has four wheel drive and could be used as an escape pod for the aforesaid first vehicle in case of emergency?

Mr. G, I submit that you and your wife should proceed with all possible haste to plan a January road trip to New England!

Your Honor. I rest my case.

[exiting Perry Mason mode]

Dammit Doc, you owe me 1) A New Monitor, or 2) a Roll of Paper Towels...You don't KNOW how badly I'd LOVE to be up there w/you Wahoos...I have developed a strange Fondness for New England & its people in the 5-6 years I've been with Lauriann...Honestly, y'all are NOT that different from us...'cept, you have MUCH rougher Winters, & a Funny accent...(grin)

Mission accomplished. ;-)

...folks are a bit more in a hurry here in general, and also in general, shall we say, a little more... brusque than folks down south.

Back
Top Bottom