Speaker pop after powering off Yamaha CR-620

When shutting off my Yamaha CR-620 receiver, a pop comes through the speakers a few seconds after powering off. The volume of the pop is the same regardless of the volume setting. It happens in both speakers whether on the A or B outputs. There is minimal voltage across the speaker terminals except for a 1 volt reading from the pop (not sure the multimeter captures the peak though). Other than that the receiver works well and sounds great.

I've searched through recent posts but didn't find any conclusive approaches.

Since the pop is not that loud, I also wondered if it was acceptable as is or is something that can damage speakers or other circuitry.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

When shutting off my Yamaha CR-620 receiver, a pop comes through the speakers a few seconds after powering off. The volume of the pop is the same regardless of the volume setting. It happens in both speakers whether on the A or B outputs. There is minimal voltage across the speaker terminals except for a 1 volt reading from the pop (not sure the multimeter captures the peak though). Other than that the receiver works well and sounds great.

I've searched through recent posts but didn't find any conclusive approaches.

Since the pop is not that loud, I also wondered if it was acceptable as is or is something that can damage speakers or other circuitry.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Do you have any burnt out lamps ?

I get 7 or 8 mv on the pins supplying the lamps so assume on or all the bulbs are burnt out unless that isn't enough to drive them (12mv bulbs I recall). I recall reading about a connection between the lamps and the protection circuit but have not found the thread. Again any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I get 7 or 8 mv on the pins supplying the lamps so assume on or all the bulbs are burnt out unless that isn't enough to drive them (12mv bulbs I recall)

They are 12volt at 60ma lamps wired kinda in series/parallel. All are most likely toast.
Contact Dave at dgwojo.com - tell him what you need them for and he will kit out a set of exact replacements.

Back
Top Bottom