With Letterman and Stewart Leaving Late Night...

Who will rule your late night roost going forward?

• Kimmel

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • Rose

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Fallon

Votes: 42 39.6%
  • Meyers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • O'Brien

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • Smiley

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cordan

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Colbert

Votes: 27 25.5%

• Total voters
:D

stephen-colbert-excited-gif-3.gif

Yeah, I'm going to check out Stephen Colbert's real persona before I commit to anything.

Here in Oz we get limited access,
but for me,
Conan can get funny, serious, and downright absurd,
always with genuine heart.

Can we nominate other possible candidates for late night shows...I don't watch this stuff..but occasionally i flick the box on late and this morbid Scotsman comes on( we tend to get alot of crap on free air here in oz no one else would have), with an accent that sounds , um..not right....I don't know his name, and don't really want too...
But anyway, I nominate Jim Jefferies ....probably an epic fail...but i can relate to that

I'm not much any more for late night. My girlfriend was a huge Jay Leno fan. I never was. Carson? Yes. I loved him. Letterman was great for a while, but I stopped all late night about 7 or 8 years ago in lieu of music. Jazz mostly.

If I had to choose one, I'd choose Conan because he can be a goof at times, and I rather like that side of him. Kimmel I still see as a Johnny come lately. I remember him from "Win Ben Stein's Money" years ago, and never thought he was good.

The Morbid Scotsman? That has to be Craig Ferguson. He's clever, IMO, but not good enough to pull off an anchor late night show.

Last edited:
I'm not much any more for late night. My girlfriend was a huge Jay Leno fan. I never was. Carson? Yes. I loved him. Letterman was great for a while, but I stopped all late night about 7 or 8 years ago in lieu of music. Jazz mostly.

If I had to choose one, I'd choose Conan because he can be a goof at times, and I rather like that side of him. Kimmel I still see as a Johnny come lately. I remember him from "Win Ben Stein's Money" years ago, and never thought he was good.

The Morbid Scotsman? That has to be Craig Ferguson. He's clever, IMO, but not good enough to pull off an anchor late night show.

No disrespect intended...I just find it really difficult to understand that anyone could stand more than a few seconds of that man..each to their own though..please don't take offence...but all i see is fake hand claps and a total wanker...

though, culture is a funny thing...and i know sometimes only experience and time allows understanding...still think hes a wanker though

Last edited:
No disrespect intended...I just find it really difficult to understand that anyone could stand more than a few seconds of that man..each to their own though..please don't take offence...but all i see is fake hand claps and a total wanker...

though, culture is a funny thing...and i know sometimes only experience and time allows understanding...still think hes a wanker though

None taken. I'm not a Ferguson fan. I just happen to catch him once in a blue moon. I think he's fairly quick witted, but that's about it. As I posted, I don't think he's good enough to pull off an anchor show.

You know who I'd personally like to see host late night is Jeremy Clarkson from British "Top Gear", but I'm not sure he'd be as good live without his two other hosts, Captain Slow and Hammond.

I happen to spend a lot of time in Europe and the UK so I enjoy British humor and culture. Even though I live Part Time in Hawaii, I have not been to Australia. A shame. My Girlfriend just got back from a trip down under a few months ago, and is currently in England. We both travel extensively.

What about Stewart's replacement Trevor Noah ? He's an unknown but Jon has a good eye for talent so he has the potential to keep me watching.

I don't watch any of the other shows but I would pick Colbert if I did.
Conan is ok but a little too goofy sometimes.
The rest ? Nah...

D'ya really think John picked Trevor?
Tho Trevor does look to have great potential ...
I think Jon is just making the best of whatever decision CC made to fill his slot!
Being supportive of the new guy and all of that ...

Oi. Have to admit I made a huge blunder by not including Colbert in the list. That said, of the remaining crop I lean toward Conan. His Cuba trip was a blast. Fallon has come up with some original bits but overall I think he is a poser. Kimmel has a better personality and rapport.

I like Red Eye, Fox News haters Dont chime in because I hardly watch the network, this show is NOTHING like it....surprised its been on 8 yrs with some of what they say.

Question:

Is Kimmel a Fallon clone?
Or Fallon a Kimmel clone?

I've gone entire shows apparently watching the wrong channel. <G>

PS ... wonder why John Oliver didn't inherit the Daily Show seat? I think he did yeoman work while Stewart was out wandering last year.

Jon-Oliver-farewell.jpg

Last edited:
Question:

Is Kimmel a Fallon clone?
Or Fallon a Kimmel clone?

I've gone entire shows apparently watching the wrong channel. <G>

PS ... wonder why John Oliver didn't inherit the Daily Show seat? I think he did yeoman work while Stewart was out wandering last year.

Jon-Oliver-farewell.jpg

Cause he is white? I'm just supposing here but Dont put it past Stewart and his ilk to champion a minority based largely on his race.

Largely because he's already doing his own very successful show over at HBO, Last Week Tonight -- check it out; it's a seamless blend of investigative reporting and satire. He "borrowed" a good portion of Stewart's writing staff when he left, which is probably why Last Night is so good and The Daily Show has lost a step or two.

Back
Top Bottom