Mid Ohio Audio Get Together/Swap

kevinmasters

Greetings to all Ohioans and bordering states! After some interest in the idea, we have decided to have a Central Ohio audio swap/fest. I wanted to let people chime in on schedules and see if there is a consensus as to which date(s) might be best; I'm thinking a summer month. Also, the actual location is yet to be determined as well, but shouldn't be much of an issue. It will work itself out.

As soon as a location is secured I can give recommendations on close lodging for travelers if there aren't enough couches. There is a post in BT that can be used for people to post items that they are bringing to trade or sell or to request any "wanted" items.

Lets do this!:banana:

Cool. Sounds like a great idea!

I make it out to the Dayton area 3 or 4 times a year. Depending upon the date of the event, I might be able to make it!

I am in as long as I don't have any military commitments on the day in question.

Sent from my Android device using my fingers.

right smack dab in the middle of Columbus.....map wise, considered north end by most. Cooke & l-71 a driver and 5 iron from me ( ask me how I know :D)

Sounds good to me, unless it's the 1st week of August.

Since no one has mentioned any dates, I thought I would be the first to start.
For me, any weekend in the month of August would be good. The reason I am suggesting August is I will have some money by then so I don't come empty handed.

Weekends will be the only time I can come due to work. So the weekends in August are...
2 - 9 - 16 - 23 - 30

Any one of these dates will be fine with me.

I'll be lookin to attend depending on my commitments with my kids. Kevin - maybe you can combine the audio with a car fest? Not sure if you ever got hooked in in a classic car or not but I know many members also have classics. I could trailer the 69 Bird to Ohio. Either way sounds like a good time. Looking forward to additional details as the date draws closer.

What were the dates on the car show again? was that the one near 4th of July weekend? If so I'm thinking that would be a big obstacle for most...

Also, on the August 9th front, there were several people who couldn't attend for a variety of reasons. All of whom we should all like to meet and get to know. So lets dig into it again and see if there is a more ideal date. August 2nd was mentioned I think. We may not be able to accommodate everyone and inevitably there will be a bro who is missed due to scheduling conflicts; but if we are persistent with the discovery period on the dates here, I believe we can get most of us together.

Hey Kevin,

I spoke with Marc last night, and he said Aug 2 he will be in Vermont for his daughter's graduation. Any other weekend in August would be good.

OK. well, as we said, it may be that not all pilgrims make it to mecca. But until we have to deliberately leave a man behind we will keep poking around for acceptable dates. How about this: I'm not sure how to go about it, but we should be able to do a poll on here. I'm not sure if we can insert it into this thread or if we'd have to start a new thread. But how about we come up with say, six consecutive weekends (or less) and see what seems to work the best with the most people. If we agree that this is a prudent approach, is there someone who knows how to do this?

Also, many will be traveling a bit, so I'm intending it to be somewhat of a two day event with a majority of things happening on a Saturday with perhaps a brunch hosted by an AKer on Sunday. We will have the raffle on Saturday so everyone will be able to attend that.

Also, we need to come up with the (non-mandatory) raffle buy in. I'm thinking around $25, but if the majority of people want to up the stakes so that some real hardware is on the block, we can go up to as high as $40 possibly. For example, if 15 people buy in at $40, we will be able to raffle a $600 unit of some sort; which will buy a decent hunk of gear. Another option is to hold silent auctions and have multiple people donate a piece if they can spare it and give proceeds to AK. Either way, but some kind of gambling is sort of a must! : )

Last edited:
Polls can only start the thread. They cannot be in a thread that has already started. Kevin, I can do a poll but I will need to know the dates, and how many options you want in the poll. Of course it will only be for one vote.

You can IM me the details and I will get one going for the GTG.

Back
Top Bottom