New toy in the family

sberger

Hard Core Geezer
Subscriber
Just got a X-101-C integrated amp, completely restored. I have a 400 receiver, but I do believe that the 101C is more to my liking. Enormous sound. I had a 500C that I loved but traded it for my current speakers, original Klipsch Cornwalls. I really missed the 500C, and the 101C uses the same 7591 power tubes. I know there is not much sonic difference between the 7591's and the 400's 7868 but I prefer the overall presentation that the 7591 gives. A bit more muscle, a bit more grit. An album like Sticky Fingers really kicks some serious ass on an amp like this. Monday morning, I'm home alone, on this very warm Northern California day, the front door is open and the neighbors are going to get a taste of the new addition.

101c2_zpsb50859e0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

They can go pretty far. It's one of the better ones if you don't mind a cathode biased amp where the output cathodes and four inputs are run off the same 40something volt DC string.

Very nice! I have a restored X-101-B that sounds very nice. Playing the 101- B through my Cornwalls is almost like being at a concert.

Same here. Sounds great at 5-6, and cranking it up higher only sounds better, but normal listening levels(i.e. when wife is in the room) is not above 3. This, like my other Fisher's, still has channel balance issues at very low volumes but I've stopped worrying about it.

A few additional shots:

Attachments

• 101c1.jpg
    101c1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 101c3.jpg
    101c3.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 101c5.jpg
    101c5.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 26
Back