Interest check - any appetite for an Open Baffle fest in (Northern) New England?

don't I know...

I have had the makings for a single-ended amp using the 46 dual grid power tube ('tetrode', sort of) in the basement since the late 1990s... see Gary Kaufman's 'ragtop' amp on his website www.the-planet.org

Urchinn,

Don't forget you have some drivers here. I have some 3/4 poplar and can cut them to the O.B. dims you gave me in an email a while back. Just re-send it.
I'll plug those drivers in if you wish and let them play very low for a couple of days to break them in. Nothing pretty, but working.

Frank C.

I just hope (hint hint) that someone brings an open baffle system to the upcoming meet. I'll be bringing a single driver Madisound setup, but it ain't the same thing, y'know...

Chinacave's open-baffles, with University drivers, were a very interesting listen...and, boy, did I listen! I would have loved to hear those drivers attached to a larger sheet of plywood, or installed in Mhardy's design at the beginning of this post. I think "wings" of some sort would make a difference...but I really need to hear whatever that difference might be. Frank has my pair of Alpair 12's hidden away in his secret lair....might be time to fire those suckers up!

Whats the status of this gathering?
any chance it may happen? I would be interested in attending this.:music:

Should we have an OB-fest at the June gathering in Clinton?
It needs to be at a separate time. The only way to do it is for there to be quiet so we can actually hear the quality of the music and gear.

AK fests are great but way too cacophonous to do critical listening.

I heard a rumor of an April Frankenfest, is this it?

I have an OB project I want to start toooooo!

Last edited:
I am (more than) willing to host sometime in the spring (after mud season!), but I now live nowhere, to a very good approximation :) and it would have to be fairly limited in scope/attendance because I don't have the floor space that Frank does.

Back
Top Bottom