B2

We have a member,Timo chasing a vol pot for the B2, has anyone fitted a recent manufactured Vol pot as a direct replacement to a B2
Any clues guys for this member ?

Quote from Timo , ”Haven't found out about replacement pots yet. Do the originals still exist ?
I would like to keep it original, and with my meager skills, I might be able to do the pots myself.
Cheers, Timo.”

Thanks Clinic-Audio,

That confirmed what others have said.

Good news, I have cleaned the switches on my B2 and reassembled the right channel after confirming the vfets are ok and it works,,,,, yipee!!!
Now to make the adjustments and run it in to be sure all is good before connecting to some good speakers for discerning listening.

Thanks for your help guys, I will send through some thoughts after listening.

Chris

Good insurance policy is use shorting RCA plugs just in case you push to an open input, and also this will allow you to switch speakers off if desired by using the speaker switch.

Plugs also keep the RCA sockets in pristine condition from tarnishing especially during storage

Last edited:
Final B2,C2a and M2,C2a system builds early 80's.( film picture taken early 80's)
All components the same today and working well, except the NS2000 speakers which are still in limbo

Last edited:
Good insurance policy is use shorting RCA plugs just in case you push to an open input, and also this will allow you to switch speakers off if desired by using the speaker switch.

Plugs also keep the RCA sockets in pristine condition from tarnishing especially during storage

What's wrong with pushing to an open input? How do they effect the function of the speaker switch?

Simply by allowing you to turn the speakers off, knowing that your input is earthed, and reducing the possibility of switching to open input with the vol controls flat out, and with noise on the line ; look out for those tweeters

Help...need to update my B2

Can anyone recommend someone to refurbish my Yamaha B2? It works fine but just old. It needs to be modernized. Ecowars (Glenn) is too busy I think, is there anyone else you guys can recommend? Thanks in advance.
MIke

I’m sure there would be plenty of guys to help you through your refurbishment, some one in your area would be a big help.
Modernized: specifically, you mean electro replacement inc relays and clean switching and adjusting voltages ?

Dismantling the B2 Selector Switch is not difficult job and cleaning the contacts thoroughly can yield good results

Last edited:
Hmmm, I have never had any problems using these switches?

sorry for the delay in replying stoutblock I've been crook,, The
B2 input information (re shorting plugs) is available in the owners manual, I have posted the relevant page for your info

Attachments

• B2 Owner Manual.jpg
    B2 Owner Manual.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 67
This is a real shame :
Makeshift Top Cover and Butchered rear panel, no fuse cover, this is not what to do to your B2

Attachments

• Makeshift top cover and Butchered rear panel B2.jpg
    Makeshift top cover and Butchered rear panel B2.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 59
A dust out, check of the adjustments and a spray of circuit lacquer and the B2 looks indeed a resplendent amp

Attachments

• B2 comes up a treat with a cut and polish .jpg
    B2 comes up a treat with a cut and polish .jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 68
Thats right vintage japan, theres a lot of work to bring that back,
it looks like it's been used as a work horse, and by his own words he's replaced the air conditioners, I guess he means the HeatSinks,and all that for $1250

Back
Top Bottom