Infinity RS4's woofers Orig Vs. Replacements?

LocoStereo

Turn it up to 11!!!
While I was removing the woofers that are going to be re-foamed from my RS4 cabinets, I noticed that one cabinet has different woofers in each of them. One set has the original drivers, #902-4976 and the other cabinet has the Infinity Replacement woofer 902-5030. I wnet to the web site and the 5030, replaces the 4976. Heres the thing. The magnet on the 5030 series is much bigger that of the 4976 series. Can anyone out there shed some light as to the difference in the two? I would imagine that Infinity replaced the original woofer with a newer improved woofer? I was told by someone that the 5030 series is a much better woofer than the 4976. I never noticed a difference, and I don't want to try to listen now with the condtion of the surronds. If the 5030' are better does anyone have an extra pair kicking around in there parts drawer? Thanks guys!

If you are worried split up the matched pairs. Put one original and one replacement woofer in each cab. The sound should be balanced and all is well while you look around for another pair that you want. As far as the difference between them I really couldn't say. Fix. Sit back. Relax and enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom