Tekton Owners Thread

Mista, please be patient. Eric will do rite by you.
You can always call him.
He is the cheif Cook and speaker builder/owner at Tekton Designs
so his time may be limited.
Ocean shipping is slo as moleaasses.
Frustrating I know.

Anyone here waiting for their Lores to be delivered?

Put my order in on Feb 2nd, a month later (Mar 2nd) he says he's waiting on a Seas shipment from Norway. Haven't got a reply from him since then.

What a frustrating process...

I may be missing something, but my Lores have Eminence drivers and Audax tweeters. Are you having something custom-made with Seas speakers? If so, expect a long wait.

I had my Lores veneered in macasar ebony. It took six months to get them, but they sure are purty. And they sound good, too.

6 months!? Haha wow!

I ordered the Lore v2.0, it's not stated on the website but I'm guessing the 1" Ti dome tweeter is the Seas driver.

I got the Macassar ebony as well. According to the last email i got from Eric a month ago, the cabinets are finished and he's just waiting on the Seas shipment to finish them.

My last 2 emails since then have gone unanswered though. My imagination and lack of patience is getting the best of me.

requesting audition

Hello all,

I have become increasingly interesed in the Tekton brand, specifically the m-Lore, Lore and Pendragon. I currently run the Klipsch KLF-10 series and have had the Zu Omen Defs in the system before. I found the 10's to be more fun to listen to so the Def's were sold.

I do understand about the trial period that Tekton offers but am interested in a possible local audition first. I am located in the WPB, FL area(33426) and will travel up to 100ish miles to listen. Of course beverage of choice is included.

Thank you,

Mike

I got the lore 2.0s sight unheard and couldnt be happier. they are wonderful speakers. the best investment in audio I ever made(40 yrs worth) for the sound quality improvement. Just go ahead and get what strikes your fancy . If you like the specs, as I did and price, you'll no doubt get a winner.
Just my opinion.

For a stand mount I'd recommend the Tekton 4.5OB.

Eric would probably build a Fostex single driver bass reflex version for under $400.

picture.php

vnzbd - those that have heard both report that the Zu & Tektons sound similar. If you like the Klipsch sound, they may not be to your taste. I'm repeating what others have said, I personally have not heard the Zu speakers.

Hello all,

I have become increasingly interesed in the Tekton brand, specifically the m-Lore, Lore and Pendragon. I currently run the Klipsch KLF-10 series and have had the Zu Omen Defs in the system before. I found the 10's to be more fun to listen to so the Def's were sold.

I do understand about the trial period that Tekton offers but am interested in a possible local audition first. I am located in the WPB, FL area(33426) and will travel up to 100ish miles to listen. Of course beverage of choice is included.

Thank you,

Mike

The Lores and Omen Def's use the Eminence Legend drivers. If you disliked the Zu sound I doubt you'd like the Tektons which use this driver.

Personally I'd take either over any Klipsch I've heard.

The Klipsch that I listen to are 2-ways, and have a far different sonic signiture than the heritage 3-way or even the KLF series 3-way. Those are harsh to my ears. The do have the dynamics that Klipsch is known for though.

I did like the sound of the Zu's, except sometimes the highs were a little shouty as well. I would guess it was more with horns and like instruments. The Omen Defs did not carry the same weight in the bass as the KLF-10s carry, my guess is that I may never have gotten the bottom finger ports adjusted properly or it could somehow be a room issue. I ran them with an Emotiva XPA-5 so the power should have been there.

The Tektons interest me do to the different tweeter, no horn, high efficancy and traditional porting. And the great reviews don't hurt either!

Thanks to all.

The Zu's and Tektons need tubes to sound their best and a 2a3 SET will take them to another level.

If you ran the high end Omen Defs with an Emotiva it's no wonder you sold them.

My Emotiva amp which I use to drive woofers sounded dull and highly veiled with the Omens. Not a good match.

I wouldn't buy Zu or Tekton based on their tweeters as they come in so high and add just a little sizzle on the top end.

For the most part these are 10" full range speakers, more 1 1/2 way than 2 way.

The Zu's and Tektons need tubes to sound their best and a 2a3 SET will take them to another level.

If you ran the high end Omen Defs with an Emotiva it's no wonder you sold them.

My Emotiva amp which I use to drive woofers sounded dull and highly veiled with the Omens. Not a good match.

I wouldn't buy Zu or Tekton based on their tweeters as they come in so high and add just a little sizzle on the top end.

For the most part these are 10" full range speakers, more 1 1/2 way than 2 way.

I prefer my SS Creek amp to a couple tube amps I tried with the Lores. However, they weren't SET amps. Also, I believe Eric likes to use high wattage SS amps with his speaker. But, hey, to each his own.

Last time I talked with Eric he didn't own a SET amp nor had he spent any time listening to his speakers powered by a SET. He's a speaker guy who's in business to sell speakers.

Same with the folks at Zu as they recommend SS for their speakers. They'll even push an AVR for their high dollar surround systems.

Few people are willing to change amps when they change speakers. Most folks already own SS amps but very few own SET amps.

In order to sell more speakers a "one size fits all" marketing approach makes perfectly good business sense.

The reason you don't see SET amps in boutique stores is their profit is in high power amp/low efficiency speakers.

Who in their right mind would pay a grand for a 3 watt amp when they can buy 100 watt amp for the same price?

Last edited:
New M-Lores

Well I took a chance and ordered a set of M-Lores and took delivery Saturday morning. The are going to be for the bedroom but I started them in the livingroom. They are in place of the Klipsch KLF-10 and are being pushed by 2 channels of an Emotiva XPA-5. All I can say is that I am impressed! Sonically different than the Klipsch but like the Klipsch they are fun to listen to. Much more bass than I would have expected for 2 - 8" woofers as I am used to listening to 4 - 10" woofers. I find that they image quite well also. After about 20ish hours I can hear changes for the better as well. So far, So good!

"After about 20ish hours I can hear changes for the better" - you have a ways to go yet. They get better.

Does anyone know what the surcharge is to get the speakers with a nice finish to the wood as opposed to having them sprayed black satin? I was considering the Lore 2.0's but I may go with the M-Lore's with a custom finish instead depending on the price.

Back
Top Bottom