Done to death.........but still amazed!

jammon

I have been reading posts/threads here on class D and mini-T's, etc. and decided to buy some of this "Cheap" sound equipment. I am surprised, absolutely surprised at what I've heard with my own ears so far! Granted, they have to be installed in smaller areas, but they have their place in my home! I spent a total of $51. and will not need more for what I needed in this setup!
For the money..........these are nice, especially for a bedroom or smaller room! I really don't think I'll be using this for my main HT, but I'm just being realistic!
I know this has been done to death, but I am utterly amazed that I can fill a smaller room with pretty good fidelity for around $51. + tax..........just a note to say "here's 1 more in that cult following for these!" I may just dig out my soldering iron and start DIY-ing with the red chassis kits for fun..............I waste more than this kind of money on my subscriptions to Satellite TV, LOL!
Ammon

Last edited:
Sorry..........I forgot about post!

Yeah, I just bought one that I thought would be the most cheesiest and was I surprised! Works great and sounds really good for what it is! I am well pleased even if it only lasts 6 months+................I'll just spend more next time!!

I bought:
Lepai LP-A68 2x15W Mini Amplifier with Remote USB MP3 Media Card FM and added a Micca COVO-S Pair of speakers.........unusual, I know, but sounds great for no bigger than it all is.

Want a significant upgrade to the Lepai.

get a TPA3116

I think my future purchase will probably be another Sansui 5000A..........I really miss my old one I had in the 1980's. I just hope I find one in as good of condition, but it would still be worth it (to me) even if I had to have it rebuilt! I just loved that old warm sound and upper drive it reproduced! I always ran a pair of 4 ohm Kenwoods (12' 3-ways) and it drove them beautifully!
My sister had my old one and her boy friend left it on her porch, it rained and then "poof".......... he plugged it in and the rest was history! He threw it away before I could see what it needed! Some people have NO idea, huh?
Thanks for the heads up on the TPA 3116..........I have looked at all of the choices, but decided on one, this time, that I wouldn't lose a lot of money or attachment to if lost somehow! Ya know what I mean?!!:thmbsp:
Ammon

I got a Lepai LP2020A T amp a while back - think it was via an AK Auction ...
Cool little thing - did some demo on larger speakers in the Living room with it running lossless files
from my iPhone (Ruark Talisman II and others). Impressive - but it does run out of steam if I push it hard.
I also got a car power adapter & I can run it from a Cigar Lighter power outlet in my car -
so I can test speakers in the field with it!
Could probably run a car audio system with it, but the factory gear is fine in both our cars.

I got a Lepai LP2020A T amp a while back - think it was via an AK Auction ...
Cool little thing - did some demo on larger speakers in the Living room with it running lossless files.

I just run mine in the master BR and it has great SQ and volume for what I listen to at night! Couldn't ask for a more better "price to need ratio"........I've spent more for just an alarm clock radio w/CD, only not as helpful in the waking department. My other system in the MBR is a Sansui G-5700 and some older Pinnacles PN-8's and of course there is no comparison, but I didn't spend $51. total for it unless I was asleep when I bought the Sansui, LOL!
I may consider an LP2020A since I've been hearing so much about them.........just for sake of collecting something again! I said it once and I'll say it again...........I've spent more on other stuff than I have these and didn't get as much from them!!
Ammon

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom