Yamaha C-70 problems?

One of the Yamaha preamps has a gazillion relays in it and they go bad, so if it's that model, I believe it.

Crap. I'm going to have to buy a boxload of those relays then... Are all of those old Yammy pre's like that?

No. Just the C-70 and C-50. I'd verify that's the problem first. Before hunting down any relays.

No. Just the C-70 and C-50. I'd verify that's the problem first. Before hunting down any relays.

In the case of my units anyway, they always have the same symptom - a channel (or sometimes both - it's intermittent) cutting in and out. If you touch the case, it goes in and out as well. I'll keep an eye peeled for the other Yammy's that aren't the 50 or 70. I appreciate the heads up on that!

C-50 relays

Yep! I have 2.
Relays are the downfall of this pre.
I am rebuilding with gold contact relays but long ways off.

Paul

In the case of my units anyway, they always have the same symptom - a channel (or sometimes both - it's intermittent) cutting in and out. If you touch the case, it goes in and out as well. I'll keep an eye peeled for the other Yammy's that aren't the 50 or 70. I appreciate the heads up on that!

Wouldn't be a surprise if it's broken solders to the RCA sockets.

Just to chime in

I have two C-70s and in both one set of relays (1 of 2 sets of outputs) is not working but the units are still functional. I tried to find replacements but your millage might...
I've also had RCA socket issues on lots (or tons) of Yamaha separates, it's where they cut corners on lots of their otherwise wonderful products.

Back
Top Bottom