The Walking Dead

Bobcat

Sound Hound
I'm bit (sorry). Started watching the marathon of past seasons leading up to tonight's new season premiere.
This series owns me. Scary.

it's a pretty good show and I have been guilty of binge-watching it! will have to wait for the next season to come to Netflix.

The season premier was outstanding, and very gory! :thmbsp:

It's on Amazon if you don't want to wait for Netflix.

Big fan here as well. just watched the season premier. so many ways this could go. so many loose ends. love it.

Usually this series starts out slowly but man this time they really kicked it up 10 notches....

Great first episode....

I'm in for more...

I never realy watched TV over the last 20 yrs,always busy with work/family ect.
Last yr I was layed off temporarily and one day stumbled onto the WD series and have been hooked ever since.....then came "breaking bad"... its even cutting into my music listening time!

The show is best when they allow the wrecking crew to wreck. When they try to say significant things it gets laughable and bad all rolled into one.
Keep hacking away Rick and Carl.

The show is best when they allow the wrecking crew to wreck. When they try to say significant things it gets laughable and bad all rolled into one.
Keep hacking away Rick and Carl.

Sooo true. The show is also better when they are on the road. Getting stuck in the farm and later in the jail sucked the life out of the show.

But the show has flaws. I want to see more about the zombies..opps walkers beyond their current role. I want more talk about walked happened. So far not one convo about why the f dead people r coming back. They dont even speculate.

I'd like to hear more about the "hearding" when they all seem to be headed in the same direction. it would be cool to find out that they are all connected somehow. like the BORG!

I want more talk about walked happened. So far not one convo about why the f dead people r coming back. They dont even speculate.

Actually that was explained in "scientific" detail the first season, or maybe it was the second, anyway when they were at the CDC.

Actually I do not see any "messages" but rather an existential drama in the sort of the same tradition of Camus' the Plague: how humans caught in a catastrophic situation survive day in day out. In this case it is extremely dark no matter what they try to do make their lives better more and more of characters end up dying either at the hands of the zombies or fellow humans.

Saw a really good movie last night on netflix that i recomend to all. Called Last Days where people slowly start to stay inside their homes and offices and cant leave, they cant go outside. Takes place in Barcelona and is subtitled. Fantastic movie with great ending. Check it out.

The 1st season of this series was the best, mainly because the show's creator, Frank Darabont, was fired after the 1st season. It's been downhill for the WD ever since. I stopped watching it half way thru the 3rd season because of the bad writing and lack of interesting characters.
THE STRAIN is 10 times better.

Season 1 will never be beat.
The Strain is laughably bad, unless you are talking about the unintentional comedy it created.

The premier episode of season 5 was incredible. The gruesome factor really got my attention. I can't wait to see it again this Sunday before episode 2.

It would appear that I may be in the minority here.

I did not find this episode all that interesting.

Before I watched it, I asked my self what could they do? Part of them were being held hostage, other parts of the group were making there way toward the hostage area.

So, the hostages could escape or not, one or more of the main characters could be killed or not and the group could get back together or not and that is exactly what happened along with the gruesome factor (not to spoil it for anyone that has not seen it yet).

From the teasers, and of course one has to take them for what they are worth, it would seem that they may be going for even more gruesomeness this season.

Maybe the writers will have some interesting story arcs and additional character development. Time will tell.

Gore is a dramatic dead end. The actual killing of the walkers is IMO one of the most tedious aspects of the show.
The show needs a new Earl or Shane to shake up that lovey dovey group.
That season 5 premiere would have been more effective as the season 4 finale.

Back
Top Bottom