A gift from an amazing friend

Joseph Jove

Being a music lover all my life, I feel like the luckiest guy on the face of the Earth (sorry Iron Horse). I recently have been given a pair of immaculate Chorus 2 (clear oak) loudspeakers, a Yaqin tube power amp (mc-100b), a Yaqin tube super hdcd player (sd-12a) along with a Formula 12 subwoofer (12"). Like Mr. Tenaka (Sulu) likes to say, "ohhh myyyyyy!"

Folks, I just realized that I only thought that I loved music. No no no, it is only now that I truly love music. A new world full of fabulous music that I only thought I knew has opened up to me. I'm like a kid again, playing old CD's that I haven't listened to in epochs. Listening to notes that I never knew existed.

Of course, being who I am, I began researching everything there is to know about these magnificent speakers, and the wonderful history of the Klipsch heritage line. Which made me love these speakers even more. My wife is beginning to become jealous, due to me polishing and cleaning this equipment at such a compulsive rate.

Oh, and by the way, my neighbors have been giving me dirty looks as of late. It's okay, I never liked them anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_20140930_093553.jpg
    IMG_20140930_093553.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_20140930_092753.jpg
    IMG_20140930_092753.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20140930_092711.jpg
    IMG_20140930_092711.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 136
Very nice! Must sound awesome!

Just a note about Sulu, he was played by George Takei. :D

Nice story!

Beware though, there are those who will tell you that horns are honky. (like me :D) however, as a horn owner, I only say it in jest and to have fun with those who do say it. :thmbsp:

Great equipment, many years of enjoyment ahead of you. For more improvements, move the speakers away from the wall about a foot with more distance between.

Martin

Once you hear a good set of horns paired to good tube equipment, you never go back. Congrats!

ranf1970, thank you, and yes it does. Especially to someone like me who has never owned any system worth mentioning.

Yeah, it is Takei, isn't it. Lol

Wow! ...and I was tickled to death when a little old lady I helped out gave me a pair of Realistic Nova 10's....LOL. Good karma is a great thing!

Enjoy!

All of that equipment is fatally radioactive. Ship it to me and I will dispose of it correctly.:D

Looks nice, as a fellow Chorus II owner I know what you are hearing. A few things you might want to do to make them sound better. Change out the capacitors in the crossover and when you get more cash change out the mid and high diaphragms to Ti. You will also want to pull them about a foot from the wall and spread them out a little further if possible, it will dramatically help the sound. I would also get those components off the top of the speakers and find a rack for them. Good luck with them and enjoy!

I appreciate the kind words, and bits of advise, gentlemen.

These C2's were very well kept by my good friend, Bill Knapp. They were hardly used at all, and when they were used, it was done so at very reasonable volumes.

According to the sequential serial #'s, they were built on a Tuesday, July 13, 1993. However, even though they are almost 22 years old, they are incredibly powerful, and the sound is absolutely crystal clear. Especially with HDCD's through the tube HDCD player (Yaqin SD-32A).

Just an 8th of an inch above minimum on the volume dial of the Yaqin MC-100B, and these loudspeakers are truly rocking the house. I believe some simple mods that Moray James preaches are in order, but other than that, they're great the way they stand.

Back
Top Bottom